the beggining of the the universe i finnally figured out

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by tdub420, Jan 12, 2008.

1. so i was thinking about this during one of my classes today and i thought about it and realised that there was no beggining of the universe it just was alwways there
    there isnt a beggining or end to time. i think human beings just like to put a frame around things because that is all we know. its wicked trippy when you think about it

2. if nothing was alive to experience the universe, would it exist? would it matter? is that the point? who knows mannnn...interesting thought:smoking:

3. Yes, that has been put into speculation for a long time, the infinite argument.

4. If the universe can always exist. Then a Higher Power can always exist.

5. There HAS to have always been a universe because there had to be something before the universe even if it did have a beggining.. So yea, its always been around, no doubt.

6. Here is a thought, instead of asking yourself why is the universe here and where did it come from ask yourself "why not?" When you understand that question then you have gotten somewhere.

7. Yes, but if the Higher Power was infinite, our whole life would have been planned out, NO free will (if the higher power is omnipotent and omniscient), no nothing... and my instincts say I have free will.. soo. :p

8. Why would the higher power being infinite have anything to do with our life being planned out?

9. If the god is infinite he has control over time and space and you too. see it now? INFINITE CONTROL

10. maybe what we see as the universe is actually not all of it? like, what we see now is just part of it, and it was different before.

11. i have calculated these exact thoughts for a while now, and it boils down to, we know what infinity "is" but we can not comprehend it. the end.

there was no beg, or no end, its always be here we just cant physically understand that as humans

12. Jumping to conclusions again, Arnack ?

My point exactly.

Has the ability, to control.

Also, if anyone can proove to me, that the Universe, is not the Higher Power, or related to the Higher Power. Then please input.

13. Maybe he chooses not to control everything, ever think of that?

14. The human mind is nowhere close to being programmed for understanding of the greater force or the other side for that matter. We are a species designed to live here and to live now and thats it. We always want to put things into a perspective of space and time because thats how we function and survive, but you cant think that way if you want to understand the best of your capability. I do think the human race eventually will learn spectacular things about our universe that we cant begin to fathom today.

15. I look at the universe like this: It is what it is, it always will be, and always has been.
    (if that makes any sense at all)

16. time and space cannot be realised in terms we have today, neither can gods or a life in another dimension after this. imagine being born blind or deaf, you can see colors others will never see or understand, you will hear things no one else will understand, because it is what YOUR brain makes up. if there is no input but there is still a hearing portion of your brain im sure youre brain will come up with something haha. thats what another dimension is like, its a color or a noise that we cant fathom. Just because things are a certain way here doesnt mean its that way over there.

complete sense to me. its easier to think of it this way.

17. i was introduced to this concept about 8 years ago, when i was 14... and its what makes sense to me.. what is trippy to me is thinking of it the other way, that the universe had a beginning, how do you make something out of nothing? i feel time was created because our flesh and bones have a begining and ending, its our way of rationing that part of ourselves time here...

and no i do not believe we are going to heaven or hell after this

18. What if that something created from nothing is simply the potential for change becoming aware of itself and its ability to displace itself? And building from there...

19. But you do understand that we cant understand.

our senses are limited to see it all, and what it actually is.

20. If Einstein's Theory of General Relativity is true (and it is) then the Universe is always expanding. If it's always expanding and if you rewind time far enough, you will get the Universe to be the size of an atom. Then once upon a time it went BOOM! So no the universe didn't "always exist", but it did "always exist" in a sense that before it was nothing, and you can't count nothing as something, so as long as time's been around, so has the universe...or that's our best educated guess so far. So in conclusion, yes the Universe "always existed" and it's "always existed" for about 13.7 billion years. I highly recommend the program, "The Universe" on the History Channel. You can buy it on iTunes too, or get it from a number of bittorrent websites.