The beauty of life is DEATH.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by GGrass, May 8, 2009.

1. #1 GGrass, May 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2009
    "Dear God. I rarely bother you, but this time, I have a request. Can you make me immortal? Amen."

And with that, I fell asleep.

This morning, I woke up to a ringing noise in my ears. It was God's voice.

"Your wish is granted. You are now immortal!"

I do not question higher authority, so I take His word for it that I'm now immortal.

No, I have not tested it, and I do not plan to.

And all day, I've been dwelling on thoughts of me being immortal...

Sometimes, it's like a blessing... but most of the time, I realize it's more of a curse... and I realized...

Life... the beauty of it lies in the fact that it eventually ends.

2. hi satan ;), I feel you though. Life is truely painful....

3. Death is a blessing in disguise.

4. Sometimes, the prospect of death is the only thing that makes life worth living. How depressing is that?

(Not now though... I'm OK with my life... at the moment... but there are times when death is the only thing I look forward to. Don't we all have one of those days... )

5. The best line of the S+P forum this year?
    :D

6. Damn. :eek:

7. Oooops... a typo... missing a 't' there... :eek:

8. can you be sure life is not eternal?

perhaps our consciousness jumps from one dimension to another... perhaps we exist in many simultaniously, and we can be any imaginable shape as determined by the course of evolution in said dimension....

if we can imigine a scenario of the universe... its a possibility.... the universe is stranger than we will ever know... (the universe is everything)

9. Is this a joke?

10. There's a theory on that. It's called Quantum Immortality, where if an experimenter were to put a fully loaded revolver to his head and pull the trigger, it would misfire forever in his perspective, and he would never die.

I hope we die, because life is just too exhausting as it is lol. I love living, but I would be greatly disappointed if I couldn't chill with god and smoke a blunt in the end.:hippie:

11. Everything is nothing, nothing is everything.

12. #12 GGrass, May 9, 2009
    "I hope we die, because life is just too exhausting as it is lol. I love living, but I would be greatly disappointed if I couldn't chill with god and smoke a blunt in the end." --- quoted from PostGenre

LoL

Heavenly weed...

I'm getting some weed from my bro in a couple of days... My bro describes the weed as being 'American'.

I don't know how 'American' weed is, but I figure it'd be pretty good.

13. What do you mean?

14. Whats stopping you from smoking a blunt with god now?

15. I am. :cool:

16. If you enjoyed life you're going to be profound of death. ;)

17. #17 GGrass, May 9, 2009
    Bud : "Whats stopping you from smoking a blunt with god now? "

It's too early in the morning....

Oh, and you should read my previous comment on smoking with god...

It wasn't my line, I was quoting another guy... but I forgot to put it in quotes...

18. i guess not then. you realize its impossible to be immortal. god intended it to be that way. everyone dies. or am i missing something?

19. what the fuck is up with this consistent mention of god.... how many people have been deluded into thinking of the Divine as a singular beingg...

i had a though the other day...

perhaps god, wanting to experience life, divided 'itself' into the universe in a cataclysmic big bang... we are the remains and constituents of a god.... a god changed form...

dna formed,,,, complexity ensued, and life is on a progressive course towards consciousness etc...

idk...

but anywyas...

there is no god... ask me to prove it, and i ask you to prove your contention... god is a belief that has been adopted and promulgated by society in order to pasify the human curiousity... its a laughable, and modern notion..... hahahahhaa

20. Fixed!

Hi :wave: