The Beatles

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by pinkfloyd, Dec 17, 2005.

1. I just went through every thread in the music forum and not one thread titled The Beatles that I could find.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

Well obviously every Beatles fan will click on this thread so what are your top favorite songs by them. I know it's hard to choose just one so name a few.

<o:p> </o:p>

Octopuses garden

Strawberry feels forever

Maxwell silver hammer

Why my guitar gently weeps (just amazing)

Blue bird (I think that's the name)

2. You never give me your money
    a day in the life (cmon this is a classic!)
    the fool on the hill
    in my life
    rocky racoon..

i love them all though!

3. rocky racoon, totaly forgot about that, has a crazy melody and fool on the hill is great to

4. Here Comes The Sun
    Happiness Is A Warm Gun
    Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band / With A Little Help From My Friends
    Carry That Weight
    Revolution
    Getting Better

5. from help to abby road, those are my favorite ablums of all time, and alot of thier singles have some good stuff on them, so if u dont have past masters u should pick it up

6. I like norwegian wood. Never really got too into the Beatles though.

7. Abbey Road - an amazing experience to listen to this while high. The layers of music, and intesity of some of the songs, along with the way the second half is all one song, i love it!

My favorite song is "I Want You (She's So Heavy).. wow.. such an amazing buildup at the end. so heavy and layered, and the white noise that just keeps getting louder and just keeps building, and then it all cuts off.. yes!!

8. Abbey Road is also my favorite Beatles album, almost for the exact same reasons desertlimosine posted. You have to hear how well the last half of the album flows together. Out of all the amazing music The Beatles have created, Abbey Road was their masterpiece.

I really like (and I mean REALLY like) Revolver, which I believe is the point in which their artistic talent begins to transcend from the catchy pop songs of the early Beatles, to the creative, brilliant songs that fueled the classic rock era.

9. Well said, i feel the same way about revolver and onwards.

10. in my life is so good. makes me think and makes me want to weep myself.

11. I have to agree.. that was the song for my senior high school class..they played it over the loud speaker one morning, it was so fuckin cool..

12. Abbey Road is great, i listen to it at least once a week driving to or from college

13. doctor robert

14. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
    Hey Jude
    Norwegian Wood
    In My Life
    I Will
    Here Comes The Sun
    I'll Follow The Sun
    Imagine
    Julia

15. hey jude, michelle, come together, let it be. paul mccartney: maybe im amazed

john lennon: imagine (duh!)

16. It's Blackbird.

The Beatles are beastly.

17. ya thats it, thanks a lot

18. you never give me your moneytwist and shout
    Mean Mr. Mustard
    maxwells silver hammer
    rocky racoon
    she was just 17 (dont know if thats what its called just the only part of the song i remember)
    the ballad of john and yoko

19. Here Comes The Sun
    In My Life
    Happiness Is A Warm Gun

20. Here comes the sun
    Hey bulldog
    All you need is love
    eleanor rigby

there are a bunch more but i am spacing out now and can't name any more than that.