The Beatles: Rock Band

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by LIsmoker, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Okay, so I was surprised when I didn't see anything on the forum about this game.

So I have the game and am going to say GO GET IT! If you like anything about The Beatles and Rock Band then you will like this game. The scenes in the back while playing are very trippy and the whole "atmosphere" is great.

Obviously this makes the game a GREAT game to play high. It is a little distracting at first (the backgrounds) but after a while you get used to it. They have a ton of songs and as always you can go online and play with friends and there's some other modes too I think.

[​IMG]

2. fuck yeah! amazon shipped it today, i cant wait!

3. Yeah it's great I am playing the story mode now.

4. This game is unbelievable to play high. I'm a huge fan of The Beatles and I'm totally hooked. The good thing is that because many of the drum beats are simple enough to play without looking (I actually drum and have played many Beatles songs) So I can watch the background, truly awesome to watch. My only problem is that they picked a really off color scheme. It can make it hard to see notes sometimes.

5. Its incredible but I haven't played it whilst high yet. I'm lookin forward to getting blazed and playing it.

6. Yeah I agree but another bad color job was on the menu's as well. The yellow on orange just wasn't a smart move at all.

7. What they needed was GUITAR HERO to take it over.

Fuck rock band.

8. Rock band is alot more chill and has smooth animations.Guitar heros on the other hand...has sloppy animations and is edgy (though guitar hero has some chill songs but most are Metal)

9. I find guitar hero harder then rock band which makes his game good since you dont really want to play just hang out.

10. yeah, and guitar hero is in more homes, so it makes more sense to release it with guitar hero so you don't have to go buy ANOTHER whole set just to play it.

Unless you can use the guitar hero sets with rockband, which wouldn't make sense.

11. Guitar hero royally fucked up after 2. Harmonix really knows what its doing with Rock Band, it just looks and sounds better overall and Guitar Hero is just kind of I don't know, shitty. I have 5 and The Beatles and I haven't played 5 in forever.

12. #13 SovietRed, Sep 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2009
    This game is great. So fun with a full band. A must have for any Beatles fan.

Notice the Guitar Hero games, Metallica, Van Halen. What do they have in common? Wicked guitar. Last time I checked George Harrison wasn't sending sparks from the strings. Rock Band is perfect for the Beatles with the harmonization(YES YOU CAN HARMONIZE WITH UP TO THREE PARTS) and the look of the game is impeccable.

Put it this way Guitar Hero= Metallica, Van Halen, hopefully a Zeppelin one
    Rock Band would go with bands like the Beatles, Pink Floyd, even the Dead.

13. Metallica and Van Halen sucked nuts, yeah I said it. (Not the bands but the games.)
    Nah, but recently all Guitar Hero wants you to do is make your fingers fall off, I ain't down with that. Plus there's probably never gonna be a Guitar Hero: Led Zeppelin or a Pink Floyd Rock Band. And the Dead have like a thousand songs already available in the Rock Band dlc store. And George Harrison tops those guitarist on the basis that well, he's goddamn George Harrison. :D

14. Yea beatles rockband is fucking amazing I finnaly can play octopusses garden on expert lol

15. I liked what I have played of Guitar Hero Metallica I believe it is the most challenging Guitar Hero yet. But I also love playing stuff like the Beatles. I definitely plan on getting both. But probably not for a while.

16. I want this game so bad! I can just see me trippin:hippie: while playing this. Im just waiting for the price to drop so i can get the whole set with drums and all.

17. And you merely proved my point. They want the riffs from Kurk and Eddie to be ridiculous and that's why they're in a Guitar Hero game. Whereas bands that were known for stage performance like the Beatles or Pink Floyd are more suited to a game like Rock Band.

I realize that there will never be a Guitar Hero: Zeppelin or a Pink Floyd Rock Band, I was using them as EXAMPLE.

I didn't, however know that there was a bunch of Dead songs in the Rock Band DLC. I'm glad you alerted me to this.

George Harrison is a great guitarist none-the-less but he's not Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Page, or Kurk Hammett, hence why your fingers fall off in game.

18. I've used my guitar hero guitar on rockband. So, yeah, you won't need to go buy new shit, unless they've changed it for this particular one.

But i do want the beatles set when i get this one! I love The Beatles and Rock Band!

Score!

19. Yeah well sometimes finger killing is fun every once in a while, but I just like the overall sound and look of Rock Band, if Guitar Hero looked and sound just as good or better I'd have no prob playing it. And yeah there's a shitload of Dead songs XD
    Rock Band said they're working on another game like the Beatles after Rock Band 3, personally I think all the Beatles Rock Bands and Guitar Hero: Van Halen should just end.
    DLCs man, DLCs.