The Beach

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by SuicidalSpaz, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Hey guys, Spaz here. Just watched " The Beach."

Amazing movie. I love the radical messages some movies deliver, and the commentary was similar to Fear and Loathing.

Just a great movie. Definitly a movie for stoners and open- minded people.

2. hell yeah that movie is definitely a trip. it's one of my favorites

3. the one with leonardo the ninja turtle? uh i mean divinci.

haha that movie is a trip. wouldnt mind living there for a while.

the part where he's in video game mode is way trippy

4. I love that movie. I had it on VHS for a long time, it rarely left my vcr.

5. excellent movie

6. i had it and didnt want to watch it(while not knowing what the movie is about) because leonardo di caprio was playing.so i finally watched while having nothing else to watch and i never regreted it.Di caprio's image has changed in my mind too since that movie.

7. Yeah it hurts to say it, but DiCaprio IS a good actor.

8. I love The Beach. I find its theme and message about society to be spot on. But DiCaprio grounds the movie. It could have been a masterpiece with another actor in the role (say Ewan McGregor who was originally attached. Dont get me wrong, DiCaprio is good in the movie but he is not as good as he could be. And his Titanic persona leaks through every frame of the movie.

That and also the soundtrack should have been changed up.

9. i dont really like DiCaprio and the reason is everytime i look at him i think of titanic(i saw the movie back in the days like 5 times..but now is diffrent).
    so yeah i agree if another actor played his role the movie would be easier for me to watch.and indeed i didnt really like the soundtrack either..
    but the message of the movie and the story is nice. i recommend.

10. The book is even better.

11. Haha, wow. I saw this movie like 6 years ago and I always forgot what it was called. This just made my day.