The Barneys Farm Quadline Thread

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Spanish@rcher, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Well troops it's that time of year at last.
    The weather is turning and my attic is finally able to grow some decent weed again.
    YAAAAAYYY :rave-girl:

Put my order in with Barneys Farm on Sunday I think and it came today so I'll get popping the magic beans on Saturday.
    I'm just in from work so won't be tonight and I very much plan on being far too drunk tomorrow so Saturday it is. :ey:

Seeds are all Fems from Barneys Farm and only cost me £28 including delivery to Scotland !

1 x Blue Gelato 41
    1 x Pineapple Chunk
    1 x LSD
    And as a freebie they threw in
    1 x Peyote Critical and I also found another 1 x LSD in the box marked 1 :)

My attic is untented at the moment but I'll half sort it out with some kingspan that ill aquire from work shortly once the joiners turn up :hide:

Got various methods I grow with and haven't quite decided their fate yet so I'll root them up in cubes for a couple weeks.
    Get them prepped for iether,
    NFT in the form of 2 x " nutriculture gt205 "
    Coco/peri 3 gal fabrics on recirc.
    Coco/peri basterdised, 5 gal hempy style of my own creation.

Probably end up all of the above at some point but those are my options and most plants will be "Quadline."

For seedlings i use a 130w cfl in 14000k. Utterly useless light for growing plants with but wicked for rooting up Rockwools.

For veg I've got a 600w CMH and upto 3 x 240w mars model 1 blurples.

For bloom I'll switch the CMH for 660w of 2000k HPS and use the blurples cos it'll be too hot for another HPS :(

Well, that's the plan anyway.
    Only time will tell.

I'll go through as much as I can throughout the process.
    It's all pretty simple so shouldn't be hard to follow for any new growers looking in.

I'll edit some photos in tomorrow but dinner time now and it's getting late.

Thanks for stopping by, I'll be back
    ....:metal:

• Like Like x 7
  2. I'll drag up a bucket to set on and watch

• Like Like x 4
  3. You grown, smoked pineapple chunk/ pineapple express before? does it really taste of pineapple? I love pineapple almost as much as da bud HAHHA

Been meaning to try that out snce the day i started growing! even had 3 pineapple express and ended up giving them to a workmate... never did get a sample back off em :(,
    I dont think they made it as it was his first grow!

Ps. what is Quadline

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 Spanish@rcher, Mar 5, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    Welcome aboard bud :)
    Never tried any pineapple that I know of so it'll be a first for me too.

Quadline is basically topping to create 4 main colas.
    Then tying it down like a clock.
    A lot of people grow the plant to 5 nodes.
    Cut the top node off.
    Cut off nodes 1 and 2.
    Then with nodes 3 and 4 you tie them down opposite each other. 12-3-6-9 on a clock face.
    The plant in my profile pic was grown like that but started with 6 mains.

I've never quadlined before but it looks like a more efficient version of my usual tactics so got high hopes :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Welcome aboard buddy. Should be kicking off tomorrow mornin :)

6. Did you get started yet?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #7 Spanish@rcher, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Yaaay, drop day at last. Got a bit side tracked with all this corona nonsense there but I'm finally kickin off :)

Here's the beans. All fem seeds from Barneys Farm.
    1 x Blue Gelato 41
    1x peyote critical
    1 x Pineapple Chunk
    2 x LSD cos someone at Barneys can't count to 1 lol :)
    20200322_161737.jpg
    As always I'm starting in root riots with my super, hi tech nursery. Otherwise known as a 99p rooting tray that gets left under my bed for a few days where it's nice n warm. 20200322_162109.jpg
    No need for anything fancy. 20200322_162258.jpg
    I just get 2L of tap water, as it comes at ph7.2
    1ml of hydroguard.
    Chuck the cubes in the soup and leave for half an hour. Give em a squeeze to get the excess out and they're ready.
    No nutes, no pissing about ph'ing things.
    Works every time.

Only thing with root riots is the seed must be 15mm deep and pointed side up.
    Less than 15mm and the shell will most likely be on when it breaks ground.
    Any deeper and the seeds often get stuck.
    The root comes out the pointy side too so if you don't aim that up the way then they usually come up with the shell still on too.

8. Theres not really much else to report at the moment. I'll just be leaving them in the dark for a few days untill they pop.

In the meantime I'll be lookin out the ventilator so I can clean some coco and perilite.
    Got some 10L plastic pots there that they'll be going into with 70/30 coco/peri.
    And yeah... be back in a few days once they're alive n kickin :)

9. Woohoo the seedlings are ready at last.
    Been a while but was literally nothing happening in the mean time. 20200412_180740.jpg

I start them slowly, it takes a bit longer but it's easier.
    They've literally just sat in that tray with the lid on, about 8ft away from a 600w hps.
    Tap water with hydroguard every 2 days and that's it. Zero nutrients other than the 48ppm in my water.

I see so many posts on here from guys getting trouble with seedlings and that is literally how easy it is.
    Get it wet. Feed it nothing. Keep it out of direct light. Done. :)
    The hydroguard is just beneficial bacteria that kills bad bacteria. Like yakult yoghurt.

As we can see they've rooted up a little bit so time to plant at last.

20200412_181109.jpg 20200412_181241.jpg

And now everyone's settled into their veg homes. I'll get 3 gal fabric pots for bloom. Just didn't have any handy. 20200412_181351.jpg

I knocked the seedling tray over when they were a few days old and killed the gelato but the rest all survived no worries.

The pots are about 9 litres. Just bog standard solids with a few holes at the bottom.
    70/30 coco/peri.
    Blasted it all in the bath to get the sediment and shite out before use.
    Didn't buffer it or anything. Just gave it a day to dry out then stuck the plants in.

I'll be giving them their first feed later today.
    250ppm worth of
    Growth tech grow
    Growth tech scillica
    Vitalink calmag
    And hydroguard.
    Ph 5.7

I'm finishing up some other stuff just now so place is a bit of a bomb zone but they'll be in the spotlight soon enough.

Got 2 x gt205 nft reservoirs there that I'm just gonna sit the pots on top of.
    Rig some halos upto the recirc pump, plug that into a light timer and turn it all into a Wilma type system :)

Won't need to hand feed anything.
    No run off to deal with.
    only waste a few litres per week at most.
    Just fill a bucket and forget about it till it's running low.
    Folk panic about using reservoirs but once you get the hang of setting it properly you shouldn't ever need to adjust it before it needs a top up.

Attached Files:

10. Looking nice ! Subbed up . Always get good plants out of barneys . Finished an LSD plant , dream to grow , vigorous and doesn’t flinch at all with training .

Have a blue gelato 41 in the early stages also so that’s unfortunate to hear for comparison purposes

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. I’m in. How did I not see this before now? I see the term quad lining thrown around a lot these days. That’s what I call the “Redneck Manifold”. I’ve been training my plants like that since I started growing. It’s gas and efficient when compared to a nugbuckets or even Nebulas mainlining/ manifold.

I pulled up a bucket, let’s see some NFT!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Welcome aboard bud. Yeah I smoked some of the LSD a couple years back and it got me fuckin trouserd. Been dying to grow it ever since. Few folk told me the pina chunk is quality too so looking forward to it :)

13. Yeah I picked it up from a dude called acesino over on 420. Not tried it yet but I've done similar with 6 mains. That works well but it's messy.
    Looking for something a bit more controlled now.
    The NFT res are getting basterdised into Wilma systems for coco though.
    Main reason being it's fuckin dangerous growing massive plants in a 4" Rockwool, balanced very precariously on a shelf of fresh air.
    I've damaged the last 2 during bloom so just gonna stick with coco now.
    Should get similar results in theory.
    Time will tell :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Subbed! Super interested in everything your doing.

I was reading through your last grow journal and it seemed to end in the final stages??? Was hoping to see the end product. Am I just being silly or did it end on page 7?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Was the same thing that happened to this one mate. Had to relocate due to unforceens. Fuckin drama after drama man. Be back running in a few days though. I kept the plants alive elsewhere so going round to get cuttings and get shit back on track :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I ordered some seed at the beginning of the year, Barney's farms, critical kush, and gorrila Zkittlez, i grew critical kush years ago and was a fan.
    I was sent peyote critical, and blue gelato 41 as freebies, so far ive only sprouted gorilla Zkittlez, i have become a fan of Barney's farm.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Grasscity Forum mobile app