The Bare Minimum

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by secondarysmoke, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Im just wondering what is the bare minimum I need to grow. With minimal smell, space, discreation, time and cost?

Any help on any of the above would be greatly appreaciated.

:smoke:

2. No such thing. And, respectfully, the question is looking at the issue all wrong. The bare minimum isn't your goal, because the bare minimum will not yield anything worth the effort. Could you grow 1 plant in a party cup with a single bulb, no nutes, in some dirt from your yard? Maybe. But it would yield maybe a gram of crap.

Growing MJ is the kind of thing that has to be done right to be worth doing at all. Of course, not all of us are made of money or have unlimited space and so forth, so we all have to apply reasonable limits, but those limits are measured against what is the most we can get done, not the least.

3. Yeah I understand what your saying, I was just wondering what I could get away with, under the circumstances. I have always wanted to grow, but I don't have the nessescary equipment, time, space, money and knowledge.

But my question does not need to meet all the criteria set out in the original post, only what are the possible routes there are to grow a little MJ?

4. Well of course you don't have the necessary equipment, time, space, money and knowledge, you're just starting out! Your first step should be to read, read, and then read some more. A good grower is a knowledgeable grower, and the most knowledgeable grower is the one who takes the initiative to learn as much as possible. Check the grow guides and sticky posts at the top of this thread. Read down through 3-4 pages of this Beginners section. Absorb like a sponge, and as you do think about questions like:

- What are your goals?
    - What kind of space do you have?
    - Thinking indoor or outdoor?
    - How stealth does this need to be?

When you have your arms around more of what you want to do, come back with more specific questions.

5. Will do man, I'll hit you up when I have my head around all this stuff. +rep for encouragement and advice.

6. Sorry for the double post, but is there any way that I can take a small pot, fill it with a bit of soil, put a seed in it, but a light over it... and grow? Obviously there will more involved in the process. I have a fairly discreet place indoors with good ventilation, with little to no light leakage, I reckon I can make a ghetto-ass stealth grow?

7. If you put the bare minimum IN, then your yield (if any) will also be the BARE MINIMUM.

8. If you just spend a little time reading the great info in the growing section of this forum you will learn so much that you need to know. There are also some great grow journals from people in a similar situation to you regarding stealth and space requirements. You'll find great info on how to keep costs down, there is a great thread about making your own odor control device with a 5 gallon bucket. It's all there for you to find, plus more that you need to know before starting.

i read it all before I started and still managed to try to kill my first ones by being a newb.

But to answer your question, a small pot with soil, a seed and light: yeah it's prolly going to sprout if it's warm enough. 2 weeks later you might find a dead plant though because you didn't get the proper light or the proper amount of light, proper soil, or proper water, etc. You can try it your way and you might get lucky, or you can read and read first and dramatically increase your chances at success.