The Auto-Experience: Unstealthy PC Grow #1

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by ET said WHAT, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Hey ET hows it going? Did you ever figure out a better way to seal in/out the light through the fan holes?

2. [quote name='"grassy haze"']Hey ET hows it going? Did you ever figure out a better way to seal in/out the light through the fan holes?[/quote]

Haven't even looked at ways on how to seal the light lately. During some research I did before I built it I found that some people have used darkroom vents or made a light trap(or whatever it's called). It's basically a box inside that has 3 baffles like a car muffler. I think the concept behind it was that light can't pass around all of the baffles but air can.

3. image-1807168319.jpg

Plant looks a little droopy. :(
    Can this be caused by overwatering maybe? I may have overwatered a tiny bit yesterday.

What about temps? I noticed the temps have reached a pretty low point of 66-67F consistently during lights out time. I realized the AC was set to 68 cool in the room so I bumped it up to kick on at 77.

4. Cool man, keep on posting, so we can follow you.
    i want to do microgrowing, but my room has no windows, so i cant doit because it will start to smell

5. So the plant was still pretty droopy when I left for class at 12:30 today. Hoping it'll dry out and then start to stand back up. I'll be starting to feed Floranova Grow the next time it needs to be watered. Can't wait until it's time to transplant and I can start the LST process.

6. Just went and checked on the plant again. I took a close look and it actually looks like there is still the seed shell, and it was about half a centimeter from the surface, and I could actually see it. Is this normal? Should the shell still be there, and should it be that far up in the soil?

7. yeah. the shell falls off the seed once its sprouts, thats normal.

and yes, overwatering will cause plants to droop.

8. this is an awesome thread, as I'm interested in microgrowing as well.. although smell is definitely a concern for me. i'm going to subscribe to keep up with your progress :smoke:

9. [quote name='"jets420"']yeah. the shell falls off the seed once its sprouts, thats normal.

and yes, overwatering will cause plants to droop.[/quote]

Confirmation I was looking for, thanks man! I'll just play the waiting game with it now.

I've read some things about using ONA's to mask the smell, and I've seen people make carbon filters out of the air purifier filters. World market sells a pack of small square carbon filters few food compost buckets for like 1.99 for 3 of them or something. Downside is that these kind of filters I've read stop working within the week or so of using them. They just aren't made to work like that I guess. With them being so cheap however, you could probably swap them out regularly. Bottom line is if I was going to try to and mask the smell that's going to come from this, I'd go the route of using a jar of ONA.

10. no problem. im subd for your grow. interested to see how it goes.

11. Plant has been looking great lately. Left it alone for a few days and it's grown a good amount in such a short time. Next watering I do will be with Floranova Grow.

12. subbed for this pc grow.

any update ET?

phone home!

edit: i asked for update while i was still on page 2....

13. [quote name='"laidbacksmoker"']subbed for this pc grow.

any update ET?

phone home!

edit: i asked for update while i was still on page 2....[/quote]

Hey hey! Lights come on in about ~20 minutes. I'll snap some pics of it when I go in to check the water!

14. Still looking good! The soil was a bit dry a little ways down so I grabbed a straw and dropped some food/water around in the cup. Can't wait to transplant this thing and get cracking on training it.

image-2171564425.jpg

image-541703026.jpg

15. looking very healthy -- cant wait to see the growth.

make sure to keep us updated with pics whenever you get the chance.

ive actually just got done going through shugs grow (along with mrbear/herbal/billa etc. etc. etc. + more..)

mostly just trying to soak in as much info as possible.

goodluck with the grow!

16. The top leaves about doubled in size overnight. It's still looking pretty good and I'll probably be transplanting it within the next week or 2 most likely.

17. Good luck with this man! Been fun following ya!
    Sub'd

18. Good luck with this man! Been fun following ya!
    Sub'd

19. Grow faster! Haha. I'm anxious to start training it, but I can wait! Here's a pic from tonight. Also added a picture of the plant in comparison to the case right now. I think I'm going to move it a little closer to the light here soon too.

image-908533138.jpg

image-463158413.jpg

20. Nice to see your baby growin! I think you should get it closerto the lights for sure though. I like your setup too man! I got mine going, i was gonna start a thread. But the light fell and burned it! Gonna see if it pulls through. It looks like its doing better. But once it getd goig i'll start one.