The Auto Bailout Failure Is Now Complete

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Dec 26, 2012.

1. The Auto Bailout Failure Is Now Complete - Reason.com

Just facepalm.

2. And people will still try and argue that the auto bail out was a good thing for the American people.

3. How do people not recognize this as a huge scam.

"Ok we will have the government buy us out a hugely inflated price and then buy it back from them at less than half the cost!!!"

Well to be fair there was some math involved in coming to that conclusion and math is real tough esspecialy for people who don't give a shit whats going on in the first place :rolleyes:

4. Or if you were educated in a Public School.

5. Point blank that is a much smaller blow to the American people than the collapse of GM and Chrysler.

6. How do you figure that?

7. Are you assuming they won't still fail?

Theres a reason they needed to be bailed out. They can't compete very well.

8. The # of people employed because those companies exist.

9. #9 Philosiraptor, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2012
    So part of this stock is mine and I have absolutely no say in what happens to it?

Philosiraptor
    Co-Owner of Chrysler

It has a nice ring to it.

edit: Isn't there a law that companies have to provide information to their stockholders?

10. So should marijuana and all other drugs remain illegal to keep DEA and police employed? I mean if we end the war on drugs all those people won't have jobs.

11. Government ownership of the means of production... just sayin'.

12. Since when is nationalization a bad thing?

Man no one get's my sarcasm anymore.....

13. There are a ton of negative consequences that come with government owning the means of production.. firstly see the US postal service.

The bailout and nationalization of these companies was nothing but a kick the can down the road strategy that didnt correct any of the fundamental flaws that plagued these companies to begin with. It's only a matter of time before GM rolls over because of the same problems that caused their financial difficulties in the first place.

The market demands lower wages you keynesian debt slaves!

14. #14 xmaspoo, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2012
    Anybody can compete when Uncle Sam is your backstop, regardless of how bad you mismanaged the company.

GM will fail again with or without government help, just a matter of time.

15. It's almost like I knew that would happen.......

16. Even communists do not want that....lol

That should say something.

17. Lol..

18. The government should have bailed out the horse and buggy industry when they had trouble competing with the auto industry. All those lost buggy manufacturing jobs really ruined the economy.

19. Whoops! ;)

20. It's for the children!