The Atheist Lounge

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by *guest, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #102 hippie flip, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2011
    That is indeed from the bible -

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

I find it sort of funny that some of this stuff is so barbaric Christians literally have to pretend it's non-existant.

Or they pull the "but that's old testament" card. So? That just means even your own people realised how barbaric your teachings were. If anything the Old Testament is more valid as it was closer to the time in which God was allegedly so magically active...when he decided to turn up to a bunch of bronze age shepherds in the desert, instead of somewhere like China where there was actually civilisation and people could actually read. Oh and after watching humans for hundreds of thousands of years live in constant fear, dying in child birth, extremely low mortality rate etc...then he just decided to show up in the desert and do some obscure magic.

2. #103 Fresh Error, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2011
    always found it a little funny how, in general, theists act like atheists are offensive when they try to stress their ideas to the public.

news flash:
    in 2008, ~1.6% of the american public defined themselves as atheists in a BBC poll.

and theists claim that atheists are offensive? they'll never deal with a FRACTION of the amount of sociopolitically acceptable(FUUUUCK) bullshit that an atheist deals with every day. if christians and catholics in the united states are honestly offended or threatened by atheism.. then it's because even they know that their indefensible bullshit is bullshit. otherwise.. why in GODS NAME :)laughing:) would you be so offended by the insinuations of such an unimportant percentage of society?

and furthermore.. if you're sure of your beliefs and refuse to change them until god is DISPROVEN.. you might as well not argue in favor of your beliefs anymore. burden of proof has nothing to do with disproving ideas, and everything to do with proving them. if you can't empirically prove your argument, then don't ARGUE FOR IT.

FUCK. i dont give a fuck what you believe in.. but if you try to push your unprovable truth onto me.. i'm almost definitely gonna fuckin reject it. why the FUCK would you expect your subjective arguments to persuade me to change my mind? if people disagree with me, my OBJECTIVE arguments don't persuade most people to change their minds.
    /rant

3. Your quote was from the "New International Version" yeah? Is that not "New Testament"? Or is that still considered an interpretation of the "Old Testament"? :confused:

Forgive my ignorance, I'm kind of new to this whole "Bible" thing. :p

I totally agree, though. Everything else in the Old Testament is just "well, that was back then, and times have changed now..."

But the New Testament? Word of god, hands down. No room to say "well, maybe things have changed since then, too..."

NO, NO THEY HAVEN'T THIS IS THE WORD OF GOD! AT LEAST UNTIL THE NEXT INTERPRETATION COMES OUT! :p

4. Oh, oh, and I love it when they claim that they are so very "persecuted".

"Christians are being persecuted in this country because atheists are trying to stop us from holding prayers at public school graduation ceremonies where probably not all of the students are fucking Christian!"

"Christians are being persecuted in this country because they won't allow a Nativity scene on government property without allowing other religious/non-religious displays as well!"

PERSECUTED, WE'RE SO PERSECUTED! :p

5. a lounge full of satan worshippers. You are all going to suffer in hell ;)

6. Its ok :)

Satan is make believe as well.

7. I don't think the bible is a literal translation for past events but teachings.

Ones learns from the teaching taught in the bible and that of course is based of their own interpretation. Blaming religion is pointless.
    Its the people that are stupid!

8. yes it is the people who are stupid....

yet these religions are great at the perpetuation of that stupidity
    fuck ...they breed it....

9. I'm an atheist to, look under my name :rolleyes:

10. [quote name='"blazethatgreen"']

I'm an atheist to, look under my name :rolleyes:[/quote]

I cant see sigs and the such on my phone :(

11. The book was written by stupid people, is stupid as a result, and then stupid people stupidly interpret the stupid writing. Something like that, eh?

12. Why not just give up on religion all together?

13. No shit.. An atheism thread..I thought I was the only one..

Looking forward to reading up. Sub.

14. #115 livelaughlearn, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2012
    the one question i hate the most from christians is "if you don't believe in god, whats the point of living?" it takes all my energy not to punch that person in the face.

God: "i love you forever, but if you don't worship me, you're going to hell lol umad?"

and also, i dont understand the concept of sending a evil person to hell. according to the bible, didn't jesus hang out with prostitutes, beggers, and 'evil' people to actually get to know them and understand them? idk, his daddy sure is an asshole. if he truly loved a person unconditionally, he would send everybody to heaven, including the people who didnt believe in him. and why the fuck should we worship him or jesus. if you did die for our sins, why are you being a asshole about it. its like your friend borrows 100 bucks from you, and you treat him like your bitch cuz he owes you. so let me get this straight, god and jesus can be a gigantic douchenozzle, but if a person is a douchenozzle, they go to hell? thats why we're FUCKED, we cant cope with this logic.

and i absolutely hate christians who use a bible verse to prove their point. its exactly the same as me writing"god isnt real" on a piece of paper and then quoting it. its not proof. fucking kidding me, religion just makes u retarded. its 2012, cant we think for ourselves yet?

15. This is one of my favorites...

Atheist- "I don't believe in god"
    Christian- "Then who created us? Something can't come from nothing. There has to be a first mover."
    Atheist- "What about god then? Shouldn't the same rules apply?"
    Christian- "Wtf, are you stupid? God has always been and will always be. Duh."

Double standards ftw!

16. the best is when you ask them what they believe will happen if a muslim child dies.

and make sure it is a hardcore christian, you will laugh.

17. I'm not one to define myself as athiest even though I don't believe in god anymore

:)

18. Apathist?

19. Non~ Conformist Individual w/ rights, needs and feelings who is free from the institution of Religion & Church

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.