The Atheist Lounge

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by RippedMonk, Jan 18, 2014.

Do you mean Agnostic Atheist?  I've never heard of Atheistic Agnostic. 

A not knowing non believer makes more sense than a not believing non knower.  ;)

2. Its my shorthand for Agnostic whom leans towards the atheist side of the argument

Sounds like they are the same thing, you just created your own term.  That's cool.

4. Yea I guess they are now that I read over your post again :p

5. I feel this would have won millions of arguments I had with my religious friends... :pSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  6. If there's no God, how do you explain stars, magic, and Tylenol?

Seriously though, was raised Baptist. Realized in my teens that I hated it as it was the largest collection of hypocrites in one place I'd ever known (still is). More of a science guy now. You kids have fun!

I'm more of an agnostic theist. I WANT to believe in something, but I've never seen it, felt it, experienced it, etc.

7. Heathen grown
    Heathen approved

Attached Files:

8. Oh fuck yeah, i thought this thread got deleted again.

Im cool with this being here. 

9. #109 iAmBetty, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
    Would you consider yourself a deist?

I'll admit that I can occaisionally be one of those stereotypical douchebag atheists that has a tendency to look down on people following any organized religion, but I've never had a problem with Deism/Polydeism.

Deism really leaves you with some wiggle room as far as trying to answer questions of why and how. Shit, you could even accept every scientific theory/fact that any atheist does, but just add on "and God did all that."

• Like Like x 1
    Yes, EXACTLY! You nailed it! Me in a nutshell. No, this is me in a nutshell, "HELP! I'M IN A NUTSHELL! HOW DID I GET IN THIS GIANT NUTSHELL?!"*

*I'm fuckin' high right now.

• Like Like x 2
  11. lol is that austin powers? 

No, it's me quoting Austin Powers.  :smoking:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Haha damn you must be high right now. 

• Like Like x 1
    It's great b/c my wife is sitting next to me and laughing (she's cool with it) at me for it, my dad knows and I've smoked with him before, he's sober and comforting my son, my step-son is playing with my step-mom (who would KILL me for smoking, but I can get drunk, WTF?). I'm like, "She can't tell, but I'm a jet on the way to Tokyo at 35,000 feet and cruising right now."

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lol thats awesome stuff man. I love your pic btw, im a huge randy fan. I love it when the episodes feature around Randy. "Just a little cancer Sharon" 

• Like Like x 2
    Yes. I feel like science will lead us to realize the existence of God. I believe that science and religion are somehow interlinked.
    I'm not saying there's no afterlife. I'm saying I'm brave enough to say, "I don't know." and be okay with that. 

"I exist. Therefore, I am. If I am, I am created. If I am created, I must have a creator."

LMFAO. I like the baseball one where he had to fight the dad of a kid on the opposing team and when the cops were called he was in cuffs, saying, "That's fine! That's fine! I thought this was amurica! I thought that was amurica!"

18. #118 240sxLover, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
    That pic had me literally loling, good stuff man.

I don't really know how to classify my own spirituality. I was raised Catholic, and when I started confirmation classes my dad said, "Son, when you get confirmed, then you can decide whether or not you attend church." Needless to say, I was super psyched to get confirmed and drop that shit like it was hot ahahahah. At this point in life though, after having had a near death experience in life, I feel that what was turning to atheism has come to be closer to a strange non-belief in coincidence. I see things happen in the world, and while I don't feel like, "Oh, a god/gods made that happen." I do feel like, "Damn, can I die? Is the world only a product of my mind? How is it possible for these mystical figures in my life to appear and disappear the way they do? Do things happen at random, or do they have some purpose unbeknownst to me??!" It's all so confusing, I have to just wonder if there's some sort of universal connectedness. Almost like we're simply the atoms of the universe. The cells of the earth.

19. Did anyone see the science and creationism "debate" between Bill Nye the science guy and the man child Ken Ham?

• Like Like x 1
  20. I saw an article on it but completely forgot to read it. Was it any good or not worth paying attention to