The Atheism/Agnostic Club

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Resin Lung, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Talk about your views on life and the universe, or just talk with your fellow atheists/agnostics.

Religious people may also debate their views, just keep it mellow.

2. I'm just starting to read "The God Delusion". Don't know why it took me so long.

But anyways there's probably a thread like this already.

3. Not as a "club", I've looked for one. People gather to certain threads as Atheists, this is different though. Anybody can come into the thread and explain their thoughts.

4. Sweet. I'm currently arguing with a bunch of annoying theists on another thread. It's like really annoying.

5. Yep, that's why this thread will be a little different. It'll be a mellow discussion at all times, if it isn't just us Atheists blazing. I just wanna' find like-minded people to talk with. A lot of people on GC don't understand where an atheist is coming from.

6. I hate that. i HATE THAT haha.

7. I just mind-fucked a Christian I'm pretty sure. Here is what I said in another thread.

Christianity spawned in the dark ages, when times were TERRIBLE. People believed in the most BIZZARE things.. (They ACTUALLY thought the grim reaper came into town before it was hit by the plague). Also, the bible was written THREE-HUNDRED years after Jesus supposedly existed, with the story changing every so often. Do you Christians understand that it was first believed that Jesus only existed, and died, in a spiritual realm? Then it was altered after a bit of time, like every other concept in the great book. They get disproven by science, then kill others to maintain the religion (Or they used to imprison those evil scientists).

Do you even know where the story came from? It matches 20 out of 22 character traits of previous religious stories, such that existed in greek mythology (Like the story of Hercules) and so on. The religion copied all of it's material from the past, such as him being the son of god, rising from death after being crucified, walking on water, and so on. What was the explaination for this by the Christian community? Well, they talked out of their ass, they said the devil went into the past and placed the stories in the existing culture to sway believers in the future..

8. #11 Resin Lung, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2011
    Here is some more information for the vault.

I said this in another thread.

It's hard for Christians to cope with the reality that we might be here just out of a random occurance. They look too deep into everything, they believe "if there is no afterlife, then what is the purpose?" Well, I for one like thinking that there isn't some eery presence constantly watching me. I like to be nice to somebody to be genuinely nice to them, not to do it so god smiles down on me.. And it works the other way around as well, Christians think they can just repent their "Sins" if they are a shitty person, which leads to some bad stuff.

9. hey chaps
    athiest here
    I gave religion half a chance, didn't take long for me to realize it was nothing more than a crutch.

10. bomb sig.

11. atheist...sup

12. Kickin' it man, watching some youtue videos. Currently watching some Ron Paul shit. What do you think of Ron?

13. #17 flapflip, Oct 14, 2011
    Fuck atheists. You overuse the word "ignorant" and always use it out of context or just direct it at people who don't drive hybrids and aren't "politically correct", or just when you can't think of a legitimate defense.

Guess what?

Christianity > atheism

14. Wow, that was a well thought statement, man. Please don't come in spewing insults for no reason, this is a mellow thread. Don't post unless you can stop using blanket generalization. That's like me saying "all you Christians rape and pillage your thoughts into society".

15. #19 flapflip, Oct 14, 2011
    [quote name='"Resin Lung"']Wow, that was a well thought statement, man. Please don't come in spewing insults for no reason, this is a mellow thread. Don't post unless you can stop using blanket generalization. That's like me saying "all you Christians rape and pillage your thoughts into society".[/quote]

That's actually how most atheists I've met come across lol. And your getting on ME about stereotyping???

[quote name='"Resin Lung"']Check what I said to this typical Christian.
    [/quote]
    [quote name='"Resin Lung"']I just mind-fucked a Christian I'm pretty sure. [/quote]

16. You shouldn't jump to conclusions, all atheists aren't the same, nor are Christians. You've probably came in contact with some apathetic 15 year olds looking for attention, so they say they are atheist. I, on the other hand, am not such a person. My belief is backed by reasoning and logic.