Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The argument around mm is pathetic

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by since93, Sep 30, 2010.

1. The system uses opiates for medical purposes and says no to cannabinoids?....that is WAY out of order imo....i believe there shouldnt even BE a debate when it comes to mm......especially when there are studies showing mm to have seriously effective relief-giving properties in areas such as glaucoma...

2. I agree. I think that most of us do, if not all of us.

3. Just click the first link in my sig to see just how pathetic the argument against MMJ really is!

Granny :wave:

4. The facts:

Inside each and everyone of us there is an endocannabinoid system.

The receptors belonging to this system, the cannabinoid receptors, are found in higher concentrations in the brain than any other type of receptor.

There is an illness associated with this system, endocannabinoid deficiency, which may be the cause of other illnesses such as glaucoma.

people are left to suffer and sometimes die because of no mmj or endocannabinoid research.

There is no mmj or endocannabinoid research because of the government.

Therefore:

The government likes to kill people for money. :hello: horraayyy!!! FREEEDOM!!! WOOOO!!!!!

5. maybe a little extreme... ^^

...and p.s. there are people doing endocannabinoid research

6. haha i know i'm just jokin.

and yeah they're doing endocannabinoid research but thats after struggling for so long to get it taken seriously. It used to be such a demonized field, i mean cmon we're dealing with something that has shown in anecdotal evidence to cure cancer and other diseases. This stuff should have been the future ten years ago.

7. When I was younger, I bought into the message the D.A.R.E. classes shoved down my throat. As I have gotten older I have seen that the reason cannabis is illegal is money. The legalization of cannabis will take money out of the pockets of Big Pharma. Big Pharma has billions of dollars to lobby for policy that favors them. The incredible illogical and hypocritical nature of US drug policy makes me dizzy.

8. dude i agree the research, if implemented about 10 years ago would have been today's cancer treatment, but since the fight for MMJ and legalization hasnt been extremely prevalent for but the past few it should start to get some sunlight on it.... hopefully.

9. i think the argument is pathetic however i would like to advise you that your poll results are extremely biased lol

10. thats for sure....i wanted to focus on the idea that mm is pretty infallible when it comes to detractors saying this and that because it is a crying shame that people put huge amounts of time and money into something, imo, that is a nobrainer....i think arguing about the merits of mm is like arguing about the merits of the poppy plant...the poppy plant is what saved millions from epic suffering during world wars, etc (morphine)....is is that useful....and the same case, the case of relieving pain, can be made for cannabis...

so i think the mm case is, intellectually speaking, closed. :smoke: