The App needs

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Shark bait, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Not sure if this has been discussed or not in the past, but in my opinion the App needs some things added.

I think we should be able to rep peps via the app

Should be able to see likes, and also be able to like from the app.

I am sure there are more things, just can not remember them right now.

I think the forum is great and I have learned a ton, mostly while using the APP

Peace

2. Yeah the app is the only time i get on the forums so I would love to see the rep and likes available. Thats literally the only thing I can think of though, the app is flawless otherwise

3. Yeah, wish I could give rep from the app.

4. GC doesn't make the app. A third party does (I believe it's Forum Runner).

So, you'll have to take it up with them.

5. [quote name='"Shark bait"']Not sure if this has been discussed or not in the past, but in my opinion the App needs some things added.

I think we should be able to rep peps via the app

Should be able to see likes, and also be able to like from the app.

I am sure there are more things, just can not remember them right now.

I think the forum is great and I have learned a ton, mostly while using the APP

Peace[/quote]

I 100% agree. I'm mostly on the apparently and would love to see these things get added in.

6. don't forget smilies. Like :smoke:

7. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']GC doesn't make the app. A third party does (I believe it's Forum Runner).

So, you'll have to take it up with them.[/quote]

GC can take suggestions from us and relay it to them, do you think GC has no say in the layout/functionality/content of the app?

8. [quote name='"ChieferKeyah"']

GC can take suggestions from us and relay it to them, do you think GC has no say in the layout/functionality/content of the app?[/quote]

No, I know they don't.

Forum Runner is a separate entity, and as other threads about this same topic have already shown FR does not change their apps often. They work, and that's all they're concerned with.

But you're more than welcome to shoot them an email

9. GC is one of thousands of forums that use Forum Runner

If they had a say in it im sure all these features would have been included from the get go lol. The issue is that forum runner is pretty much, from what i can see, the same for every forum excluding color scheme, so for them to add likes and rep means forums not using them would have them on the app... i dont think it can use features that are specific to one forum of the other, its universal but... im not positive on that.... the only other forum I have ever been on with forum runner is identical to GC on there with no green colors

10. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']

GC is one of thousands of forums that use Forum Runner

If they had a say in it im sure all these features would have been included from the get go lol. The issue is that forum runner is pretty much, from what i can see, the same for every forum excluding color scheme, so for them to add likes and rep means forums not using them would have them on the app... i dont think it can use features that are specific to one forum of the other, its universal but... im not positive on that.... the only other forum I have ever been on with forum runner is identical to GC on there with no green colors[/quote]

So forum runner is just a forum template service. They solund like fun people...

11. I think it has to do with the forum software... you probably need to be on vbulletin (the software the forum uses) and they designed something that interfaces with it on mobile devices lol

I dont deal with those people so i have no idea about them but they are the most popular mobile forum app from what i can see so thats worth something

12. I wrote to them a while back (like March) to report a couple of bugs with the Android app, and they essentially responded that so long as the essential features of the app work (thread creation/replying and PMs) they consider the app to be working. Everything else, photo uploading and consistency of uploaded image display varies phone-to-phone, so those bugs aren't essential to them.

So yes, they are quite literally just a mobile forum template service. And they do a damn good job with it, IMO.

There's a reason they add a quick way from the app to get to the browser version of the forums: that's how you add likes and rep. For Android, you hit the menu button and then "open browser." In iOS, you click the thread title.

13. just wanted to add that I updated to iOS 6 on my iPhone 5 and photo uploading doesn't work. yeah sure reps and likes would be good but functioning photos would be great too!

14. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']

I wrote to them a while back (like March) to report a couple of bugs with the Android app, and they essentially responded that so long as the essential features of the app work (thread creation/replying and PMs) they consider the app to be working. Everything else, photo uploading and consistency of uploaded image display varies phone-to-phone, so those bugs aren't essential to them.

So yes, they are quite literally just a mobile forum template service. And they do a damn good job with it, IMO.

There's a reason they add a quick way from the app to get to the browser version of the forums: that's how you add likes and rep. For Android, you hit the menu button and then "open browser." In iOS, you click the thread title.[/quote]

Clicking the thread title does not work any more?

15. [quote name='"Shark bait"']

Clicking the thread title does not work any more?[/quote]

Menu - open in browser

16. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']

Menu - open in browser[/quote]

Don't have a menu option

17. [quote name='"Shark bait"']

Don't have a menu option[/quote]

What kind of phone?

18. Then you just click the thread title. I'm assuming you're on iOS if you don't have a menu key.

Scroll to the top of a page in a thread and click the title. Should open the thread in Safari.

Beyond that, I'm not sure. I don't use Apple anything

19. Iphone