The Apocalypse

Discussion in 'General' started by finshaggy, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Alright,
    The Mayan Calendar:
    The Earth has years, the year "ends" at the end of a calendar year. The Mayan's had Calendars for the moon, for many of the planets, for Earth, for the sun, and I think some other stars...

But the "End of the Calendar" is NOT the "Apocalypse"...
    The Mayan's made CALENDARS, 2012 is the end of what is called an "AGE", specifically we are moving from "The Age of Pisces" TO "The Age of Aquarius".
    The SUN has a calendar (That the Mayan's made, based on the suns movement through the Milky Way Galaxy) a "Sun Year" is called an "Age". So it is not the "End of the world"...The sun has just made a shift through the galaxy, and they calculated that shift happening before it happened...

In terms of change...Think of it this way:
    By the end of 2011, EVERYTHING that will be invented, and released in 2011 comes out.
    THEN in 2012, some new things come out RIGHT AWAY...But, you don't get to see ALL the new things for 2012, until 2012 is DONE. Something could still be released December 31 2012. So don't expect to see ALL the leaps of this age in the first year, don't expect EVERYTHING to change, or "The World to end" by Dec 2012...There are THOUSANDS of years left in the age of Aquarius...There is MUCH more too come...

But the past 100-200 years is a HUGE indication of what is to come.
    The invention of flight, harnessing of electricity, advancements in conductivity (Microchips), all kinds of things. These have happened in preparation of the new age. And for the Next few thousand years, things are going to happen that we could NEVER IMAGINE...[​IMG]

And it can go so many different ways...
    There will be a lot of potential for good though [​IMG]

2. Hopefully the Age of Aquarius is as awesome as the album.

3. Prepare to be verbally assaulted by the geniuses of grasscity that know everything..

4. Word bro, this next blunts to you!!

5. The human race doesn't have thousands of years left. We are all going to go batshit crazy, and earth is just going to be a giant free for all with 7 billion people fighting. In the end of all this the human race will become extinct.

6. Great OP. It's not the end, more a new beginning. Like you said the Dawning of the Age of Aquarius. Aquarian peace and blessings, and above all, love. One love to all.

7. 2012 means nothing. It literally means nothing. The new beginnings, great changes etc... it's all metaphorical. It's just another day that will be exactly the same as any other. To believe otherwise you also have to believe that it's possible to read the future.

8. I don't think anything will happen but if it does i want to get as fucked up as i possibly can everyday until then and that day...

9. Not "Predict the future", "Predict the position of the stars".

The sun is completing a cycle around the galaxy, the same as the Earth goes around the sun. It is a new age, not the calendar ending, but starting over.

10. I'm gonna try to trip that day. But it's not really just going to be one day. It's just a time period.

And to the other person I just replied to before this. It's not really a prediction of the future when they say there will be change. The age will last over 1,000 years. There is going to be change no matter what, 1,000 years is a long time.

11. All I know is that 12/21/2012 is gonna be a heeellla of a party :D

12. I'm still packing supplies and a bug out spot, because I know the world won't end, but people can be dangerous.

13. GOD FUCKING DAMMIT IVE HAD THIS CONVERSATION ON HERE TOO MANY TIMES

They found more calendars that progress into the year 3000, so the whole idea of the world "ending" in 2012 isn't even supported by the Mayans that is just what we concluded when we ran out of calendars. This thread has almost no point.

Peace, sorry for da Caps yo. :smoke:

14. But when the magnetic poles shift again in _____(insert year here) everyone's gonna be phucked anyway.

15. And you know this how? Did god slap you with the gift of fortune telling or something? Or are you just incorrectly assuming things like 99% of the population?

16. Go study some Mayan shit.

And it's not really a "prediction" to say, "Things will be different in 1,000 years"... No shit, that's a long time. Things WILL be different then from what we know now.

17. Na I speak to god on a regular basis and he told me all about it. So, let me explain briefly. The magnetic poles are moving. Always have, and always will. In my city there is now a 15 degree variation between true and magnetic north, and this is growing every year. Now when the poles shift far enough (can't remember how far they've previously had to go before they tip sorry) they do just that, 'tip over' just like a glass will slide off a table if you lean it over far enough. Now following the historical pattern of this happening you will find we are actually due for this to happen pretty soon, and when it does happen the earths magnetic field will bugger off (because of the north and south poles literally swapping over) along with the o-zone layer which will result in uv rays so balls to the wall strong that you will pretty much bake to death instantly in direct contact with them. And a whole lot of other shit will happen but cbf typing anymore. I apologize if all of that doesn't make sense but I'm off to the gym and I'm so pumped right now I'm about to snap this fucking iPad in half

18. Haha don't even know if that guy was replying to me or not but anyway, it might be interesting to some people.

19. actually, it means that it has been 2012 years since "christ"...:wave: