the anatomy of a bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by stupac60, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Hey guys. right now i have a pretty generic bong i got from my local head shop 2 years ago. I'm getting a new one and I'm leaning towards a Roor blue series.

Now when i started looking i relized there is more to a bong then i ever imagined. I plan i buying their basic one and buying add ons that are good but i dont know what all these things are.

I have looked through the boards but still dont have a clear picture. could you tell me what all these are and maybe a little pic of what it is. trust me i have tried but i still dont understand.

Things like... a perc (trip and other kinds), being fumed, ash catchers ( the different kinds) Diffusers, and other things.

If i get one do i not need to get another thing, and so on.

I appreciate anyone who helps. i never knew bongs were so in depth. ha

2. I'd love to know this too

3. Theres a lot to tubes. Theres a ton of different kind of percs. Tree, dome, circ, halo, showerhead, open and closed bottom tree, disc. Im sure there are a few more.

For diffusers theres diamond cut, flame polished. The holes are all different too. From between like 10 - 20 holes poked in the end of the downstem to slits. Or showerhead ones.

Ash catchers have as many different styles too. Theres ash catchers for certain types of bongs too. Whether they have a fixed stem or an angeled joint. Ash catchers have different styles as far as diffusion too. Most of them are based off of different percs or use a downstem like in a tube. Ash catchers usually come in either tree percs, showerheads, circs, or downstems. All have different amounts of drag and it depends too on who made it and how much you spent. There are also inline ash catchers which if you youtube will explain themselves.

Im sure theres a lot more to tubes that ive forgotten and probably a better way to explain/show everything but im too lazy to grab a ton of pictures right now. Roors are nice, but id suggest looking into other brands and other tubes before you get set on something. Buying a tube is like buying a car, theres a lot of different options out there. They all go point a to point b. Its just a matter of what features you want and what kind of deal you can get.

4. Also just look around here on the forums or in the high end glass thread and you should see some of the different perc styles or hear people talking about them.

5. well its all about what you like.
    1. you need to look at it and say damn that is a good looking bong.
    2. how do you like your hit? if you like a very smooth hit then you might wanna look at getting some things with percs or you like a big hit that burns you go with a normal bong.
    3. diffusers down steam, yes you want one. it makes the hit so much better because of the small holes in the down steam making more smaller bubbles and filtering it better.
    4. as far as ashcatchers go, there good but if this is your first good bong you have got a 90% chance of it braking in like the first 4 weeks. now at week 5 you should start thinking about getting one.

hope this helps, time to go smoke.