The Americans

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by UNLEASHED, Jan 31, 2013.

1. #1 UNLEASHED, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    Didn't see a topic on this yet; Is anyone excited about the season premiere of The Americans on FX tonight?

It's a new show about Russian sleeper agents in America in the 1980's. Hopefully it is good. Got my DVR set to record.

2. Well I don't know if anyone else watched the premiere, but I enjoyed it. I will definitely be watching the next few episodes unless it disappoints.

3. I watched it as well. Not bad at all.

Having lived through the last leg of the cold war in the 80's, I found it interesting.

4. Only watched the first two episodes so far, I think there have only been two so far.

Either way, I'm really digging the show. I like all of the 80's nostalgia, it's written pretty well, pretty violent and graphic. Should be fun to see where the show goes.

5. I just binge-watched through the first 3 episodes. This show is fantastic!

6. #6 jwbooth, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2013
    Wait, is this live-action Archer?

edit: nope, hahaha

7. It sort of is a live action Archer without any humor. Archer is still a better show, but it's one of my favorite shows right now.

Having said that, I love this show. The first 3 episodes have all been fantastic.

Do you guys think that the FBI agent next door knows? Even though he snuck into their garage and didn't find anything?

I can't wait to see how the new double agent works out for the FBI.

FX has some seriously good television right now.

8. Any one see this past weeks episode? The scene where the Elizibeth has to sneak from one car trunk into the other while the two cars on both on lifts was pretty cool.

And the lil Russian chick that works at the embassy that the FBI flipped is smokin hot!

9. Next weeks episode looks good. I can't wait to see what happens when Philip gets caught.

10. If anyone has missed any episodes FX is showing all 5 episodes tonight, it just started at 10:30pm for me in California.

11. I hated that scene, it seemed totally implausible. I was cool with the forced accident, but there is no way the FBI would take their car to a random local shop instead of a gov't pool.

Philip being able to get the lift right next to the other car, have nobody notice his wife slithering around on top of the cars, AND being able to get into the trunk so easily with all the shit in it... the escape part bothered me the most. How do you let some random woman wearing leather/casual clothes just walk out when everyone is wearing suits and carrying briefcases?

It has been the only "get the fuck outta here" moment of the entire show though. Can't wait for the next ep!

12. The Government contracts privately owned businesses. Regular garages fix state owned vehicles all the time.

I'm not sure about the FBI. Are you? Or do you just think there's no way because it seems irrational to you personally?

13. Episode tonight went hard

14. Gtfo archer better than the Americans. I'm not one to bash on others opinions but damn I just did.

15. I'm really diggin' this show. I caught up with the first five episodes, watching tonight's new one right now.

:smoke:

16.  Loved the first season. time to watch last nights episode
    I prefer this show to Homeland.

the chemistry btwn Keri Russel and Matthew Rhys really works.
    They have come a long way since Felicity and Brothers+Sisters. :smoke:

This show just keeps getting better and better! although I wonder how the kids never wake up when they pull up back home from all these missions ha. 

18. Looks like their spying is catching up to the kids and now they are off doing their own late night missions

19. Did anyone catch the S2 finale tonight? Holy shit.

Watching it in a couple hours. :smoking: