The Alone High

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by the-high-intellectual, Jan 9, 2014.

1. I very much enjoy smoking alone. maybe I'm just used to it because people I dated didn't smoke, but I think I do prefer it to smoking in groups.

Sent from Hell

2. I would'nt say I've got a definite preference to one over the other..so long as the people or person I'm smoking with does'nt keep talking on and on.

3. I had been primarily smoking with friends in college which isn't to say I completely stopped, but I have definitely been smoking by myself more now. I like it because I don't end up smoking others out. It's more efficient with wax as I've found. I save money, it takes almost no time to get stoned, and I can do it without getting up from my desk. Pretty tight setup.

4. I love smoking alone and end up usually doming blunts while driving. listening to howard stern with no worries in the world

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Packing a fat bowl for yourself is grand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. For me, smoking alone is not only peaceful, but almost reassuring about things in life that could potentially get me down when I'm sober. It's really difficult trying to put that kind of experience in words. It's almost like noticing the beauty even within the ugly, if that resonates with any of you. Although I try to view things in that sense when I'm sober, I think smoking alone has helped me expand my opinions on many things, allowing me to put myself into different perspectives that I may have not considered sober.

I am always down to smoke with friends but they are definitely two very different highs.

7. I prefer smoking alone as opposed to with a group. I smoke daily, and am introverted, Have a low tolerance even though I smoke daily so I trip a bit almost every time I smoke and that just gets annoying when with a group of people.

8. I can't stand that shit

9. Nothing better then late night smoking by yourself although smoking with a wife/girlfriend is pretty chill too. But once you start smoking with a bunch of friends it's just different not that I don't enjoy it

10. I love smoking alone, or with my wife. Im 29 with a family so I don't get out much anyway.

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I smoke alone like half the time. I either smoke with my sister or a few of my friends. I have a friend who is only 17 so I go get him weed from the club or I go into a headshop for him. He's 18 soon thanks god, it's getting kind of annoying.

12. I LOVE to smoke alone. Usually when I smoke with others I get hella anxiety and over-think shit too much.

13. Been smoking for 5 odd years, for the first month or so i only smoked up with friends at college but for the other 4 and 3/4 ive smoked alone the majority of the time, sometimes with my smoking buddy and occasionally with others. Ive smoked every day for over 2 years now and i think its altered my brain to the point i think differently to other people, even when sober.. if i am ever completely sober that is, its hard to tell haha. Anyone know how long it takes to go from blazed to completely sober?
    Anyway it feels like i look on/think about things from a different viewpoint than others if you get what i mean.. like i often think of how fucked the world is, and all the people that think they're actually living when theyre working 9-5 and washing the car on the weekend.. like, thats not life man. But yea il stop trying to explain my thoughts.. in conclusion i feel mj (hate the word weed, i usually use Chicken lol) has opened my mind quite a bit, when i smoke up by myself its different to smoking up with Fofo (aforementioned smoking buddy) and definately a different high to smoking up with a few people. When im stoned around others, even if theyre also stoned, i always feel a little on edge. If im in public/attempting to hold a conversation with someone who dont know im stoned i get really paranoid but its usually manageable haha. Nothing beats getting home from work (or getting in your car after work), sitting back and sparking up a fat one :D
    Oh and i used to get pretty depressed before i started smoking, it provided a release/outlet/whatever you want to call it, helped clear my mind and was a better alterative to the alternative..

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I smoke with my best friend every night :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

15. I prefer smoking alone. Smoking with friends can be fun, but it depends on the friends. I currently have 3 different groups of friends I smoke with. 

1 - my 'older' friends that I met through my last job. These guys are mainly into drinking, they only smoke every once in a while. They really only like smoking bowls. Bowls are fun but they're the only thing they like doing, for example I once brought weed with me and a gravity bong which obviously get's you way more stoned and saves weed, but they were only interested in the bowl. Still, last time I hung out with them we smoked a bowl and talked about making a movie for 3 hours, coming up with stupid ideas and laughing, good time. 

2 - my 'dealer' and his entourage. Basically I met this guy at my current job, knew within 30 seconds of meeting him that's he was a stoner, and asked him for a hookup. This was like last summer. He seemed like a cool guy but very withdrawn, never really talked about himself or his life and was always in a rush to get away. About 4 months of buying from him and talking about hanging out we finally agreed to smoke and see The Hobbit Part 2. It was like seeing the 'real' him, once we started tokin' we swapped stories and ideas and shit then saw the movie. We've been hanging out like once every other week since. He recently introduced me to one of his friends who's also cool. They're into rock like me, mainly metal n shit. We never try to make each other do anything uncomfortable when were stoned and just do our best to chill. Really the only people I like smoking with.

3 - my highschool sick-bastard stonerfreak friends. These guys are the antithesis of people I want to smoke weed with, ironically they are the ones who introduced me to it. they do it all, buckets, gravity's, bongs, bowls, gas-masks, etc. y'know people that you use to be like best friends with in high school when you were young and then you all grow up and things change? well yeah, that's what happened there. i have this problem. when im alone i can smoke a lot, when im with them i cant. i dont get scared, but rather i get depressed and tired. i take like one rip of a bong or whatever and instantly feel like going to sleep. dont know if its because im seeing childhood friends doing drugs, or other personal shit i wont get into, but yeah. they figure because of this problem i have that i cant smoke a lot of weed, which is not true, so they're always trying to make me smoke more. they also have annoying sayings and nicknames and adopt these very narcissistic and egotistical attitudes when they're stoned. all our interests from games, music, totally different now. they also know i don't like to smoke and drive yet they come to my house in my friends luxury car that he doesnt allow people to smoke in and ask me if we can drive my car and smoke.

then there's me smoking by myself. I can get a bunch of awesome food and bring it back home without having to worry about someone fucking up there order or having to eat in a car. i can fap (We all do it). listen to the music i like and watch tv shows and movies in the dark with my headphones on and be completely enveloped without someone checking their phone right next to me. save money on weed. 

smoking with a girl could be fun but the only thing i imagine being better about it than being alone would be sex. 

16. I used to only like smoking with friends. Now I just like a great balance of both. I like playing video games with friends on occasion while high. I much more enjoy getting high as fuck and taking a walk in the park/nature trails. It is so beautiful to be able to relax and listen to great music while my mind just wanders. It's like my minds greatest bonding time with itself. Beautiful experience.

Sent using my D.... ICK!!!

17. I enjoy both. However I like to smoke alone 3/4 times because I feel more relaxed and I feel more in control of what I'm going to do. I don't feel pressured to do what others want to do. But no one can deny it's fun to get with some friends smoke a few bowls and have a good laugh. Also I don't like to go outside alone but with my friends I always love to go outside.

18. #78 Deleted member 281310, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    i smoke alone.

but people aint bad sometimes.

19. I smoke alone most nights before bed, its really when I enjoy herb the most. My friend however says he will never smoke alone. 

20. I love to smoke alone bc it makes things you have to do so much easier, you go into a state of different mind. I like to smoke with my friends too I just prefer to smoke alone.