The Alone High

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by the-high-intellectual, Jan 9, 2014.

1. I prefer smoking alone too. I feel like when I smoke with other people, I don't have the energy to talk, I like being in my own head instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. If i'm gettin mega stupid stoned out of my mind i'd rather be with by myself or with a couple of people. I don't like being retarded stoned with a bunch of people, it sketches me out for some reason

3. I love when it's like 11:30, and everyone goes to bed, and I'm awake watching the tube loading a bowl getting ready to step outside and smoke. Just walking back inside stoned late at night letting my mind wander is the best thing in the world

Sent from my Event using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I prefer smoking alone too. Any kind of weed gets my anxiety acting up so around people it gets really tough to handle it. I just kind of shut down and can't get my mind to think of anything worthwhile to say. I mean, I'm listening. But it's like I'm listening so hard I can't stop listening. I do dig smoking with close friends and family though.

5. When I get high alone there is no one around to judge me when I throw on one of my wife's dresses, go outside and pretend I'm Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music. Not having neighbors helps too...

6. smoking can be a social thing, but it can also be a personal tool too. I personally like getting high alone to help sort my mind and stress out.

7. #27 TR13, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    I get high alone all the time, even though I'm not alone. My wife doesn't use it. Does that count?
    We like to sit around watching TV and talking..me high, her not.

We've been married over 30 years. When I'm high I gravitate towards her, and I can't help it.
    I think she'd enjoy weed too, but she insists on not trying it..and that's ok with me.
    Sometimes if I'm in a crappy mood, she'll suggest I "step outside for a mood alteration".
    If I'm high and start bitching at her...she'll say "think about something else"... and it works!

So yes, I get high alone, but I'm with her, so not really.

Right now she's at the store. So never mind. 

8. With my current situation, a lot of getting high alone.  Hanging with people is great stoned...the right people of course. Some people can really be a drag when stoned or just annoying on their egotistical high. I like to challenge myself before smoking.  Making plans to do something productive and then smoke a bowl and go do it.  Even if it is simply washing clothes or taking a simple walk.

9. introvert all the way
    i usually do it alone or just with my girlfriend/one or two friends that i trust

10. [quote name="TR13" post="19405423" timestamp="1390681915"]I get high alone all the time, even though I'm not alone. My wife doesn't use it. Does that count?We like to sit around watching TV and talking..me high, her not.We've been married over 30 years. When I'm high I gravitate towards her, and I can't help it.I think she'd enjoy weed too, but she insists on not trying it..and that's ok with me.Sometimes if I'm in a crappy mood, she'll suggest I "step outside for a mood alteration".If I'm high and start bitching at her...she'll say "think about something else"... and it works!So yes, I get high alone, but I'm with her, so not really.Right now she's at the store. So never mind. [/quote]i get high and my husband of 14 years doesn't. He loves when I get high and will always suggest I go step out on the porch.

I'm not sure I can say my wifes loves me being high. But over the last year she's become more and more ok with it.
    unless maybe when she's watching Dr Phil (because I can't quit talking).

I love talking to my wife when I'm high...about anything and everything except Dr. Phil

12. I don't understand why people make a big deal about smoking alone. I hear people say all the time that smoking isn't a problem Til you start smoking alone. It's probably one of the best feelings ever. They just don't know what they are missing Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Maybe because "drinking alone" used to be (and maybe still is) a sign of alcoholism...so some have concluded "smoking weed alone is a sign of being a pot-head stoner"?

14. I love baking alone its so much fun it give you that time you need to think about life and just relax. Play some Netflix or spotify and just chill. i enjoy hanging with close friends but i don't like when other people smoke all my weed. i have such a high tolerance that with a group of more then 3 i don't even get enough to get high.

15. I'm the same way bro. I love smoking with people but lately I've just been in the mood to kick back by myself and take some fat joints to the dome. Nothing better than smoking some fresh green after a long day, kicking your feet up with some nice brew, and then melting into the couch.

16. I very much enjoy smoking alone and do it 95% of the time.  I find when I'm alone and I smoke I don't really see it as getting high but rather a tool for my mind.  When I smoke with friends the high has a more recreational and shallow feel to it.  But when I'm alone my mind and thoughts can travel to places uninterrupted and uninfluenced by other people.  

I love it and it's just one of those things , those invisible rules of society that if we do it it's weird or makes you a creepy person.  It's like the argument of eating macaroni and cheese and hotdogs at the same time.  If one is finished before the other I'm eating it.  It's all going to the same place.  I'm not going to ruin my appetite with something I was going to eat anyway. 

17. #37 cmusba, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    I smoke alone myself because for one, none of my friends are really into that type of stuff and two, when I am stoned around people( who aren't high), I get paranoid, or they will start fucking with me like waving there hands in my face or poking me, I really can't react because i would be too high to try to fight or talk, so for the time being ill smoke alone until I find some stoner friendsSent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

18. It's so much easier to make bud last and keep track of how much you smoke each night if you're the only one smoking it

19. Nothing better then smoking a fat blunt in bed with food. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. I'd smoke alone more often but I had bad experiences while high alone (smoked with friends and had to go home, solid bad trip for an unknown reason as soon as I'm alone).

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum