The Alone High

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by the-high-intellectual, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Call me weird, but I'm one of those people who genuinely enjoys getting high alone. There's something special about being able to sit down, smoke a bowl, and allow your mind to aimlessly wander from one thought to the next without a worry in the world other than yourself. When I'm high alone, I have the opportunity to see things from another perspective which can be rewarding and also very relaxing in a weird way. Anyways, I guess I just like having the ability to reflect on the things going on in my life without having to focus on the problems of others. Without this time, I feel like I would have a lot more stress in my life.

Anybody prefer smoking with people over smoking alone? Have reasons?

-Josh,

Check out more of my High thoughts at THIS LINK (...my high ideas blog of sorts)

2. Then call me weird to. most times I prefer getting high (medicate) Alone. The frist time that I used cannabis was 1968 in SF. Becuse of work for 30 years I had to abstaine. Then I retired (no boss, no piss test) and with deterioration of my health I found the OMMP program (it was heven sent). Yes there something special about being able sit quitly and injoy a bowl, frist bennifit is pain relief, and yes it is amasing, it works, and then being able to let my mind to focus on a single subject, and chill :)

3. #3 homestarstoner, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2014
    i prefer smoking alone as well.your not sharing, waiting for a toke, you get a full bowls worth out of a bowl, you can chill and do whatever you want without having to respect others wants. its just a better feeling.if i had a low tolerance, id smoke with people. but seriously, i cant get high with a group, because u end up getting either ashes or fuckall for greens. by the end of a group sesh, you realize you only got like 3 tokes and your not even high cus they were all half cashed

4. I like to smoke alone. There's more for you bc you don't have to share it, and it's cool to just relax by yourself. I prefer it over smoking with someone or a group.

5. As much as I really love smoking with some of my best buddies, I have to agree smoking alone is perfect.Nothing beats being able to sit down have a few tokes when I want, and however big I want, and do whatever the fuck I want haha :bongin:

6. I used to have a thing with weed when I was a lot younger that it was only ever a social thing - I would never really smoke alone, it would always be when I was with mates. Although saying that, that was back in the day when we were all young free and single. Nowadays I find myself smoking alone more and more as everyone is settling down in long term relationships and having kids and dropping out of the social circle one by one.

I quite like it. I don't mind my own company at all, and never get bored or lonely. I do find I tend to waste a lot of time when high alone though - searching Google for hours on end or watching mind numbing crap on tv all night. I find it more stimulating when hooking up with the boys and having a laugh.

I couldn't say I prefer one over the other really. Each has their time and place, and pro's and con's. I enjoy both. I guess I just enjoy getting stoned, whatever I'm doing.

7. I like smoking on my own to its more relaxing and chilling but when I smoke with friends even though I'll be smoking less I will feel more high. And when I smoke on my own I feel like I get really lazy xDSent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

8. I just prefer to be high all the time. Alone, or not.