The Alien Threat

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Cheating Death, Jul 24, 2010.

1. everyone says something different

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVdahsjP3wI&feature=popt1cus01]YouTube - The Alien Threat[/ame]

2. If aliens have the technology to get here, they probably have the technology to blow us away.

3. I'm sure they do, but maybe they don't want to. Maybe they want to see how we're doing, check up on us. We're turning into even more of a corrupt world with so much greed and hostility. What if they're busy with a war on their planet and need mindless idiots to help out, and by taking one look at our military could see they have a huge pool of them right here. I've heard a lot of theories about 2012 but one awesome one to me is the aliens who watch us take away all those corrupt people and leave the ones who revolt against them in peace.:smoking:

4. i think they'd help us save ourselves from ourselves. or blow us away

5. Well there's two ways to look at it.

1. They are so advanced that they don't care about hoarding resources and conquering shit. They would probably then teach us something.

2. They need resources and land.
    That's when shit hits the fan.

6. In my way of thinking "aliens" as we understand them will probably never appear in the lifetime of our species, but not be cause they aren't out there somewhere but because space is amazing vast and we are amazingly primitive. Our kind tends to deify anything we don't understand. Also what gets lost in the shuffle is how far apart everything is in the universe. The technology it would take to cross these great distances of space in my humble opinion would produce conscientious explorers that would do everything in their power to conceal their existence. And it wouldn't be anything like the movies or television with shoddy cloaking devices and such. But rather these interstellar travelers will have been well schooled with how to deal with societies less technologically advanced.

It makes no sense that a species capable of traveling such distances would be malevolent, when in theory they'd have nearly endless resources at their disposal. Not to minimize the great accomplishments of humankind, but what if aliens viewed us with as much fascination and carelessness as we view ants scurrying around on the ground?

I tend to understand man's conception of reality, not in terms of his knowledge but his fears. What do we all fear on some level? Maybe it's hostile aliens descending out of the sky to use us as part of their diabolical experiments or something so fanciful, but still it puts our fears ahead of reason. Our fears have guided us, shaped us, misdirected us, and very probably have brought us to the brink of oblivion, all because of our fears. So I'm mindful of how warped our perceptions can become when we're trying to conceive of something we've never seen.

I doubt we'll ever meet any aliens, at least not until we truly try to understand the "alien" inside of us.

7. ^^ that is an awesome post

8. why do visitors have to be a threat? if they have the capability to travel to this planet, at the very least it means that they cooperated and didn't blow themselves up long enough to develop the necessary technology. i can only hope that beings so intelligent would also be kind.

9. The part of this I feel so sad about is that we label fellow humans "aliens," simply because they're trying to survive and move from one place to another. Imagine the paranoia that's reserved for someone not of this world? This is why my thoughts keep drifting back to the idea of what an alien threat is, and perhaps must importantly, and primarily, I keep coming back to us.

10. Every person on earth needs to read/hear this right now.

11. I highly doubt aliens are a threat to us. If you look at the possible reasons they would attack us it would be for: Land, Resources, Slavery, maybe a few other ones that I cant think of atm. But it would be pointless for them to. If they have the capability to travel to our planet, think of the other billions they could travel to in order to receive their land and resources, and surely they have robotics as advanced as us as a species are.

I do believe we have been visited by aliens, but I think its a learning experience for them. Sure they are more technologically advanced, but that doesnt mean they can still learn about religion, economics, evolution, etc. If you think about it, we do the same to animals or other species, such as lab tests conducting experiments on rats, sure they dont know what the fuck is going on nor do they even recognize anything is happening or that they are being experiments. I believe its the same way with us. They can learn practical ideas from us, without us even realizing they are being watched.

I think the information they have about us is extremely vast, and much more than any of us can possibly think of. We as humans can barely travel to other planets, yet look at what our telescopes can see; stars and galaxies several billion light years away. Now compare our technology, and imagine what alien spacecraft and space stations can examine. They probably dont even have to visit earth or get close enough for us to even notice them, unless they want a first-person encounter. Plus there are so many other planets out there for them to study, what makes us think they even have to pay attention to us? When we see some ants, or some insects, we dont dont pay shit for attention to them, why? because theyre fucking ants or insects, well when your species has travelled space for who knows how many years, it could be the same reaction, nothing to see nothing to learn, move along.

12. Human history is replete with examples of what happens when man allows his imagination to get too far ahead of his ability to reason. Also, since humans have started investigating the nature of the universe using reason, so far, we haven't managed to find any of those things that go bump in the night. We've managed to create a thing a two to be afraid of, but nothing like we imagine in our greatest fears. Of courses this doesn't mean we won't find something out there to be afraid of, but it may mean that we need to stop running away from the things that are internally generated.

13. Have you ever fathomed how smart and intelligent us board members are, not only for talking about these issues, but by creating a COMMUNCAL LANGUAGE which conceals our individuality and connects our goals.

If you look at time telescopically, it becomes apparent that the universes age has little consequence with the advancement of primitive planets, and that aliens have already invented the limit point of technology, that is not to say that we won't continue to advance, but our structures will become more massive, powerful and godlike by nature.

Truthfully our survival is not important, but that topic has been so deeply contended, in order to preserve peace after what could be called the advent of life, in which it is necessary for the living organism to survive, to eat itself.

Another incredibly interesting topic causing war and grief, is the argument about the truest nature of reality, and quite oddly as well, I have observed on personal accounts, anger and confusion directed towards the question of, :are we the first (universe) to ever exist?

14. That actor from the ghostbusters movie... I forget his name.. But he now works with UFO intelligence agencies trying to unsolve the whole alien mystery.

He was on Larry king recently and said they have been visiting us for a long time and don't want anything to do with us because of wars and 9/11 as in they don't see how it's smart for a world to destroy ITSELF. He also says they could have killed us a long time ago if they wanted to but they are not hostile creatures. YouTube it.

15. I believe we are more of a threat to the Earth than an alien species would be. If aliens were to wipe out mankind, it would probably be the best thing for the Earth itself.

Also, to those of you who say "space is expanding to fast, its too vast and big blah blah blah"

this is only based on our understanding of physics, and to think back hundreds and hundreds of years, which is a very short time in the grand scheme of things, we as people used to think the earth was fuckin flat and shit, I dont think we as humans have lost any of that ignorance. We have absolutely no idea, and if anyone does, primarily a government, they would keep it a secret to reduce mass pandemonium and keep their illusion of power.

one nation under god, but god never mentioned E.T's

And as ^you said, if they were hostile we would not be here right now.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Its funny, I cannot tell if I'm seeing it more or just looking for it more. It, being the increasing talk about aliens. Kind of seems to me in these desperate economic/political/social times that we are looking for an escape or a solution that is damn near mythical at this point. AND THE SAVIOR SHALL COME FROM THE SKY! Right now seems we need all this energy and mind power not in looking for aliens but just for the time being fixing us as a species.

Everyone agrees it will be a very long time before we have a chance of getting off this rock, but whats the point? to spread this sickness around the galaxy? We're amazing creatures with endless potential thought art etc.. because this jelly/fat thing inside our crainium. However we sceethe and burn kill rape and murder for greed and money all because can still be manipulated. Right now, we're not ready for contact with an alien species, we would find a way to fuck it up destroy them or us or both of us, so if I were an alien species id pop back in in a couple thousand years and see if we're still here go from there.

17. Thank you.
    These are the best posts I've read on this site.

I believe that most minds think that any outside force is willing and able to bend Earth to to its will at any given moment, but I like to think that 'they' are in the darkest void of space, sitting, waiting, wishing.

On the other hand though, you can never underestimate the power of greed. Human nature always wants the forbidden, let's hope that "aliens" don't think the same way and have evolved beyond that, because you can only find true satisfaction within yourself.