The Air Force Fucked me Over, Again

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SuicidalSpaz, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Hey Guys, Spaz here.

As many of you know, I've been waiting for my final pay from the Airforce for quite some time...

I came home from work last night to see a letter from them sitting on my table, and I began to get excited.

I tore it open expecting to find a check, but I found A " Leave an Earnings Statement."

Apparently they sent this FIRST, before my money got deposited into my account ( I still don't have it). They say they owe me $308 and some change...

We never got paid for our first full month, and they said we would get it when we left.

Apparently they took out for our meals, and all of our deductions, THEN gave us this pay.

It's absolute bullshit. Everything that was deducted was deducted THROUGHOUT my short-lived career.

So they basically did our deductions twice. I called my Homie in Cali, and they did the exact same thing to him. Well, This grand was supposed to be my car insurance, now I have $300, Something I'll easily spend over the weekend partying...

We gave them a call, and explained the situation. They told us, " Sorry that is the way they do things."

So, I was supposed to recieve $1500, instead I got a 1/3 of that. They did a second and final deduction for no reason, as the deductions were all paid throughout the year. I thought it was a misprint or that it was the deductions I paid over the course of the year.

Nope. This was a SEPERATE leave and earnings statement, the final one. They decided to take out my TOTAL deductions AGAIN. Because " That is the way they do things."

Eh fuck it. When the government sends me my " Extra money cash thingy that I forget what it's called," I'll have another 100-300 added on for being in the military/ going to Iraq.

So an extra couple hundred bucks. Was it worth going to Iraq and almost dying? Fuck No.

I'm pissed off at the way this country treats it's soldiers. Fuck the government. On a side note:

I have direct deposit for BOTH. I have recieved neither. It should most definitly be in my account by the end of the week, but that's what they told me last week...

I'll keep ya'll updated and let ya know if I finally get paid. Hopefully I do.

2. You know how I feel bout the way our soldiers are treated. Is it legall for them to charge you twice for the same thing? Can you bring the Air Force to court for that? lol just wait it out man, it should work out in the end.

3. well i didnt exactly tell you so.....

4. Yes and no. If its the air forces standard practice they could charge you a million times for it.

They are doing it to everyone, not just him, so he can't bring charges. When I'm a jag officer though he can look me up and i'll help him :)

5. hope my boys dont get fucked over from the air force once they get shipped out in september.

6. Man, that's a bunch of bullshit.

7. america. . . .

fuck no!

8. that's fucked up!! i'd be fuckin pissed!!

9. why dont u just take a minute and be glad your still alive then get back to hating maybe u wont be as angry

10. problem is, theres alot going on in his life that wouldn't make him happy that he is alive. hes in a rough spot right now and he just needs to keep digging and he will find his way out.

11. Welcome to Club, I served in the U.S.A.F. from '86-'88 & I got screwed too.
    From the moment you arrive at Lackland A.F.B. for Basic training They charge you for EVERYTHING. Boots,shoes,uniforms(dress & fatigue) socks, hats, underwear,even meals are charged against pay account & deducted when you leave basic.
    When I was being out-prosessed from the A.F. they wanted all my uniforms back. But I whiped out the receipts I had signed when they issued them to me back in basic & said 'I paid for these & i'm keeping them".
    It was hard for me after I got out too.Had to live with parents agian for another 3 years before I could get back on my own. Good Luck

12. That sucks bro, is there anyway you can resolve the situation?

13. :laughing:

almost felt sorry for you.

14. That is some shit man. My dad served 20 years in the airforce. I know what kind of Bullshit your going through.
    Hang tight bro

15. thats shitty as hell
    my dad served in the air force back in the late 70s early 80s and got fucked over by them too.

16. Haha. Well think of it man. $1500 could cover my car insurance down payment ( Insurance in NJ is like $6,000 a year for full coverage, that's what my pops pays- clean record too).

So they give me $300... That aint shit, haha. They owe me 5 times that amount. $300? That's like party money for a hardcore weekend, haha.

Damn man, I hope I don't get stuck here for too much longer. I still don't have my money, either. And they pay the 1st and 15th of each month...

17. If our government can't afford to take the hit for providing shoes, equipment, and food for our soldiers, either we're not funding our military as extensively as we should be (definitely not the case), or we've overextended ourselves to such an extent that there would be tremendous political fallout from taking care of those expenses and increasing the perceived cost of our military operations in the Middle East.

Either way, we've got some serious problems that need to be addressed by the next POTUS.

Sorry to hear about your situation, man. I hope everything turns around for you.

18. Amen.