The Advantages Of Yeast

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by kccacio22, Jun 16, 2014.

1. I am a beer brewer and DWC gardner, I am thing about sprinkling a little yeast into my ressivor. My hope is the yeast will eat the sweetners, causing more CO2 to rise through the roots, Will this work?

2. Don't put it in your res, yeast also creates alcohol and plants do not like alcohol... With my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. no co2 in the the bad idea.

4. As suggested above, I wouldn't add yeast to your mix for the mentioned reasons.

What you could do is get some milk or water jugs, fill them 3/4 full with water, add about 2 cups of sugar per jug and add some yeast... poke a small hole in the cap of each jug and this will help produce CO2 for your grow area. Each jug lasts about a week  before you have to empty out most of the water, add sugar and then its recharged again.

5. I am not sure this idea should be discarded. I am reading info on studies as far back as 1947, where during early stages of root growth, co2 enhanced root growth of tap root and fine roots in the subjects tested. On a basic level, from the ground down, all these creations are essentially the same.

CO2 Science

If using a co2 system of yeast/water, where co2 is filtered in a second container of water before being introduced into surrounding air, that water will contain heightened levels of co2. I use ro water in my co2 system, so save that water for seedlings/clones during first couple of weeks of growth.

If anyone is not familiar with the premise of home brew, your mash will mature to a level of 20% alcohol at best. Beyond 20% is where yeast cells are killed off by the increased level of alcohol. If you run a co2 system of yeast, water and sugar, do not throw entire batch out; pour out two thirds and add water to replace. Add more sugar and if you have not left it to ferment to the point of killing all the yeast, the process will pick up and yeast will thrive with this refreshed system. Save on yeast cost. You should be able to guage your co2 system as to when a refresh is required; when bubbling slows down ... say 5 second interval between burps.

6. imo: no chance the rootzone is a vitasl part of the plant

with its own bacteria etc

adding man's favorite mold won't help

besides you need to add the c02 thru the stomata

good luck