The AAA Club

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sam_Spade, Aug 6, 2011.

1. This is a thread, exclusively for citizens of nations that currently hold AAA credit status.

Here we will discuss how current financial turmoil can be maintained and managed with informed involvement and concessions from all involved. What unique solutions do we have available to us, knowing that our credit rating allows us easier and less-expensive access to borrowing money?

2. BBB+ ftw

3. Hey, quiet down! How did you get passed our bikini-supermodel bouncers?

4. #4 tonto, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
    [​IMG]

used the entrance that wasn't in the kitchen

5. AAA here.
    Could you pass me the cognac and cuban cigars?

6. Mmm French brandy, Cuban cigars, and the ability to continue long-term high-value investments in infrastructure.

7. Don't know about the long-term, but we better enjoy it while it lasts. Could be gone tomorrow. :p
    In the meanwhile, I think I'll roll another joint in a 50 euro bill.

8. Especially true for your situation. At least you know you're not in last place, and management is still a viable option in the near-future.

To be honest, I'm just interested to see where this will bring global economic interdependency in the next 30 years.

9. Lol, the Only time you'll ever get to do this in your lifetime. You're a dick.

Sincerely, the 300 million Americans who are now only AA+ :p

10. I'm not too worried. I'm prepared to accept the situation as it is and will become. I'll be fine as long as I have food and shelter. I just feel sad for my parents who might have to live their final years in a time of depression.

11. Countries are spending too much money, and for nothing. Redistribution of tax dollars seems to be inefficient and locks up or exports large volumes of cash.

We need to stop all government spending and readjust our perception of federal governments involvement in a countries affairs.

We have seen the danger of a Federal government default. We cannot risk the lives of citizens by destroying the economy of a country due to excessive government. If provencial governments would like to destroy their economy so be it. But we cannot do this to people who have no citizenship elsewhere.

12. usa sneezes, the world gets a cold...... dont get to excited about speaker boner fucking everything up

13. The credit downgrade was eminent, and should have happened years ago, had it not been for repeated promises by Congress (aimed at S&P) to balance our budget.

AA+ is nothing compared to where we will be in 5 years. S&P has already hinted that the U.S. will be downgraded again in the coming year, if we fail to pay off our down payment of $4 trillion, which will never happen.

I think we will eventually end up defaulting on Medicare and Social security, while the rest is liquidated by the Fed, and we slowly start inflating until we can cover all of our costs. By then, the dollar will be nothing more than a washed up symbol of what could have been.

The U.S.S. America will be sinking shortly, hang on matees :wave:

14. Yeah but at least you can still buy flat panel TV's and ham & cheese loafs at Walmart.

15. Unfortunately my country is heavily dependant on trade with foreign countries. We are FAR from being autarkic. That means that if the US falls, we will suffer complications from that as well. Unless of course the role of the US is filled in by another nation and we are able to adapt.

16. To sad, we failed...we shoulda fired DC in 1971...
    [​IMG]

17. You can go to jail for not paying your debts. Yet no one is in trouble for bankrupting our country and causing this debt crisis. I find that to be ridiculous. I find this country to be so backward sometimes. How can we be raging seven wars is across the seven continents when there's so many problems at home?

I guess we should have listened to George Carlin. He said, It's all bullshit and it's bad for ya

18. That's because the person responsible for all this is -- you. The sovereign is the title holder of these debts. Not politicians, not political parties, not presidents, but YOU and every other citizen.

More like three, but okay. I agree with you, the massive military expenditures is a huge point of stupidity. Yet nobody has made it their first priority. There are virtually no protests, letter writing campaigns or top-down dismantling of Boeing or Lockheed Martin.

Sovereign have spoken by means of apathy.

19. I just don't understand why we need this big of a fucking defense budget to be "safe"

bullllllllllllllllllllllllllllshit

20. I happened to see an interview yesterday with an "economic expert", who said that if the US stopped its wars, the situation would be relatively easy to solve. He also said that "the US will definitely pay its debt, it's not gonna go under", or something to that effect.

Malarkey? I don't know all that much about economics but from what I've read online, it seems like the majority of people are already convinced this is America's last stand. That's why I was surprised and skeptical of the interviewee.

If it's solvable, does the public have so little faith left in politics that they say it won't be solved, or was the expert too optimistic and this thing can't be solved, even if the political system of the US gets its head out of its ass?

Forgive me if I'm asking stupid questions. I'm Dutch, it can't be helped.