The 900th "What sex is this" thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by youngandstupid, Nov 3, 2006.

1. This plant has been on 12/12 for the past 2.5 weeks and it refuses to show its sex. I think it is starting to show signs of a budlet forming on the top but I can't tell. I've found balls on it but not the typical male balls. They are single sacs on each side rather than two sacs per side. But I see no white hairs so I'm baffled.

Here are the pix. The balls in question are circled in black and the stipules (sp?) are circled in red.

Attached Files:

2. what kinda lights do you have?

3. Sorry Y&S those are too blurry to tell. It looks like you circled that leaf like thing that sticks out of every node. They also stick out of every plant so that's not it. I've noticed that if you see something really tiny there that you know isn't the new growth, but doesn't show a pistil or a ball, just give it a day or two and it'll tell you. It'll look like a grain of sand sized little bulb sort of on the side of the node. If that's what you're lookin at, keep watching.

4. the real answer lies at the top of the plant, or the grow tips. your plant looks like a female to me, but its too blurry to be for sure. how long was it in veg? what kinda lights do u use? nutrients? a good nutrient for starting flowering sets is advanced nutrients "bud blood" https://www.advancednutrients.com/catalog/us/index.php?cPath=24

5. This is what I'm talking about. That tiny tiny little bulb at the node between the new growth and that spike thing. A hair is about to pop outta there.

Attached Files:

6. I have a 105W 5000K (I think it may also be 4100K) CFL on her.

Yeah I circled that just incase anyone would think it was a pistil. Hrm the balls in the pic are significantly bigger than a grain of sand. Damn I must look closer.

It was in veg for 3-5 weeks I really don't remember. It has blood meal and bone meal in the soil mixed in. I'll have to check out htis bud blood of which you speak.

Thanks man, yeah that's not what this is. Or maybe it is but it's just a lot bigger I dunno.

7. Thats a female. no doubt. Ive grown outside alot for the past few years, if you look at the stem you can see the pressure scores where your little females pubic hairs will pop out and grow the fruit.

(thats my metaphor lmao)

8. Well gents and gentesses she's a female!!! I'm uber pumped for this girl. She has grown more than 3 leaf fans (my current flowering girl is a freak and quite possibly the ugliest girl in town but her buds are pretty). This plant is really wierd though because I still can't find any white hairs where they should be when a plant shows sex. But the budlets are forming white hairs already so I must be a female. I'm pretty freaking confused but it doesn't matter since she's a girl w00t w00t. If you wanna see her check the bottom thread in my sig. That will be her and her sibling's journal.