the 90% myth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LurkMode7.62, Sep 20, 2011.

1. In your case, I can see why. But Im not concerned about field maintenance. I work in a hospital so they are fun toys that get cleaned constantly. But yes, his Lapua Is quite a beauty.

2. well, this thread had two main purposes:
    one was to clear up the misconceptions our European brethren, who tend to have less access to firearms, may have about what an assault weapon really is and
    two, to clear up the idea that we supply the majority of firearms to Mexican cartels.

3. It's so dumb to send weapons to them.

If you wind up arresting them all (or killing em)

All that does is open up a big market

And some poor ass mexican who runs with thugs will start tossin bricks across the border like the last guy.

And you will never ever ever never get rid of this problem.

And no society has ever successfully ended drug use

So ANY efforts to stop drug flow without ending the war on drugs or seriously altering it, are completely useless.

4. I was asking if we supply most of there ammo, as thats what I have heard. Sorry for asking a question, you came across as knowledgeable on the subject :(

I doubt there are any books on ammo going to drug cartels from america. Otherwise I am pretty knowledgeble on different types of ammo if thats what you thought I was asking.

5. stop mind fucking me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::devious::devious::devious::devious:

6. I also fear my interest in cannabis will one day interfere with my right to bear arms. It is a scary place to be.

7. Ah, I thought you were asking about specific ammo, sorry.
    I've never really looked into where the ammo goes; ammo without a platform is pretty much useless.
    Of course, the rife in my avatar, the mosin-nagant, you can dig the ammo up is some Belgian farmer's field and it works just fine :)
    I mainly worry about getting my hands on the match-grade for my competitions. Once I start working again I plan on taking up hand-loading again

8. #28 LurkMode7.62, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2011
    all modern firearms have good penetration versus modern construction materials.
    The Box O' Truth - Ammo Penetration Testing

one of the biggest problems with the police paramilitary raids is the fact that the rounds they fire exit the house they are in and enter nearby houses with killing force. These rounds are not going through windows, they are going through walls,
    most cops use an AR platform firing 5.56 NATO/.223 Remington