The 5th Dimension

Discussion in 'General' started by twentyphohour, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Alright so I thought of this a while back when I was super baked. I was sitting in a chair in my backyard right after finishing my bowl. I had my eyes closed and I heard this sound behind my head, and when I opened my eyes, it was a hummingbird. The speed that it was flying got me thinking about how hummingbirds view the world, and how fast everything is to them. Like what if the way they see, is normal to them and they aren't moving fast at all, and it just seems like they're flying super fast to us because we're on a different speed layer. They could just be flying leisurely to them, and we are moving super slow. The same could be said for bees, or even on the opposite side of the spectrum, sloths could think that we are moving super fast like hummingbirds to us. Does this make sense to anyone?

2. This isn't the 5th dimension, it's just difference in time perception, which obviously exists.

Shrooms in particular bring out weird time perception shifts.

3. I'm just saying it as like different layers of perception haha.

4. Well they may perceive their movements as "normal" but I don't believe they are moving at a different level to us. We perceive their movements and compare it to what we see/what we were taught as normal slow and fast. So a sloth is slow and hummingbirds move fast to us while to themselves they are moving normal.

5. Yeah, there's different perceptions of time. Time is subjective, hence the name theory of relativity. This is all in accordance with a three dimensional reality, so no extra dimensions necessary. :smoke: