The 30° latitude Growers club

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by BuryMeInTrichs, Oct 18, 2009.

1. I have plans for 2010, was thinking maybe some swamp buckets, some in ground, some in containers, some wick fed, some planted with coco.

The great outdoors provides plenty of space for multiple plots.. And im going to go for atleast an 80 percent success rate.... will be trying an array of areas, shaded, unshaded, facing south. etc.

Variables to me provide the most interesting results... and since this is my primer in full on outdoor growing, it will be a good test for the next season.

Im going to try for a spring harvest, to get a lil product to last the long summer....

would love to hear from other growers on the 30 to see what techniques you are employing and what times of year you plant.... apparently we can grow year round.... and I will be putting that to the test for sure.

:wave:

2. Well, I dont know if I'm 30 lat, but I live in Florida and we line up pretty well with Texas :D

I started about 2 weeks ago. Plants were coming in nicely but we had a cold front somehow last night and my plants took on a purple tint and are recovering during the day. I decided to transplant the entire weakest plant into new soil, it will probably die, but it was just a test.

I hope we can grow year-round this year, cold fronts hitting us might prevent that though.

3. I live in Florida as well, had a nice female a couple weeks shy of budding but then some squirrel knocked its pot down and knocked the plant out of the pot. I started a few new plants the other day just to mess around and try some new stuff for next grow season. But next year, I do plan on growing year round and yes I know that winter grow yields will be much lower

4. im in the houston area and my plans for the winter are out door sea of green's, im taking lots of clones and after they root putting them in the ground outside, its an experiment/boredom project untill next season, omg i cant wait.....

5. I'm about 5 degrees south of you and actually produce the best buds during the winter months, Oct. - Mar. I use a hybrid growing technique in which I vegetate under lights for 30-60 days and then put the plants outside to flower during the shorter days. This way I don't need mas watts of HPS light and can get away with CFLs and still make fat frosty buds.

6. that sounds like it works good for you... do you think I could pull off the same thing? with rooted clones? either way, im trying it! :hello:

7. Absolutely. Rooted clones are already mature enough to flower once the light cycle changes. My first two grows were with clones, I started with one seed. I seeded a run of plants and have a bunch of seeds.

8. what is the coldest it gets in your area? just curious

9. mid to upper 40's was the coldest it got last Jan. I did get wind burn on some of the fans.

If you have freezing temps you should consider some protection. a frame with poly wrapped around would help, especially if you used passive solar collectors (milk jugs full of water).