The 2012 U.S. Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CosmicSerpent, Sep 21, 2008.

1. I'm almost certain Ron Paul won't run again in 2012. As someone else said, he would be 77 years old, and 81 by the end of his first term if he were to win. It seems like his goal now is to convince people to vote Libertarian or another third party.

2. Yeah, better than choosing between Obama and McCain and giving his "sheeple" followers over to them.

If you want to know our plans for Paul, call us toll-free from 9-11 everyday at (800) E-LU-MIN-8-E.

3. #23 Norma Stits, Sep 22, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
    are you suggesting that RP believes in these 9/11 conspiracy's? You consider his followers "sheeple"? How is someone who believes in not voting for the mainstream typical politician a "sheeple"?
    When people start voting for him because MTV & Oprah says it's cool .. then you can call his supporters that.
    I do understand why most people think RP supporters are nutjobs.. it's usually the ones the mainstream media decide to show on TV.
    Kind of like FOX hand picking far left radicals and associating all Obama supporters with them

4. [​IMG]

The problem with calling people sheeple is, we are all allowed to disagree, but when you agree on an issue like this people are calling you sheeple. How about I voted for Ron because he is the canidate that sides with most of my views, instead of saying that I voted for him just because I don't like McCain or Obama, which I don't. McCain or Obama would be fine presidents.

5. thats some food for thought man, now you got me pondering...and you know what helps me ponder:bongin:

6. As much as I hate using the word "sheeple", the way I would define it is someone who just follows a crowd and doesn't think for themselves. In other words, they allow their beliefs to be decided by others. Therefore, simply not voting for the mainstream typical politician doesn't mean shit. Not all Ron Paul supporters are as informed as they could be. In fact I've talked to quite a few who don't seem to know what the hell they're talking about. Can't even properly explain his policies or what's wrong with our government. They just voted for him to seem "in the know".... because their friends did, because of Paul's huge internet popularity, etc. The same goes for Obama supporters and McCain supporters... there are "sheeple" for every candidate.

What about when people start voting for him because their 9/11 conspiracy forum says it's cool? Or because Alex Jones endorsed him? What about people who are writing-in Ron Paul's name in November despite the fact that he isn't running?

7. i agree with your 1st part 100% there are uninformed fools casting votes for everyone.

As far as the second part.. Paul specifically denounced any of these 9/11 conspiracies.. if some website or alex jones want to endorse him RP can't really tell them not to. There are much more controversial figures endorsing the Obama and McCain campaigns man..
    GW Bush endorsed Mccain, Rev J. Wright endorses obama..

Last i checked we still have the freedom to vote for whomever we like whether they are on a ballot or not.. so why the big deal about people exercising their right and writing in a candidate.. what's the big deal? IMO it's better than staying home or voting for someone without believing in their policies. Personally i'm voting for someone who will be on a ballot, but it's not my place to tell anyone who they should or shouldn't write in.

PS i'm in cali on vacation and about to hit up the medical club for some dank!!

peace :smoke::bongin::bongin:

8. Sorry cosmic, I lurve you, but I gotta go with AW on this one. There are sheeple for every candidate, singling out RP supporters is unfair in my mind. And writing in a candidate doesn't make anyone a sheeple. I disagree with doing it, but it's not ignorant lemming-like behavior.

9. I think you kind of missed my point... replace the name Alex Jones with MSNBC reporter Tucker Carlson or the rock band From First to Last, both of whom endorsed Ron Paul. The 9/11 conspiracy aside, some people will blindly vote for Ron Paul the same way some people blindly vote for McCain or Obama. They can't tell celebrities and controversial figures not to endorse them either.

It's not my place either, and I'm not implying that it is. People can write in whoever they want. But no matter who's name they write in, unless it's someone who is running for president, the vote is useless and doesn't actually count for anything. That isn't my opinion... it's just how the system works. By writing in Ron Paul, they are not taking part in the election process. It's no different than writing-in George Washington or Tom Cruise.

I wasn't singling them out... I specifically said there were "sheeple" for every candidate. That was my whole point. It isn't just people who are voting for a mainstream candidate, which AugustWest originally implied.

10. Oh, my bad, I kinda skimmed the thread.

11. Unless you live in a democratic state like Alabama, California, Delaware, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont or Wisconsin!