The 16 Personality Types of People

Discussion in 'General' started by downtosesh, Aug 3, 2012.

1. #1 downtosesh, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
    This is quite interesting, I suggest taking it and doing some personnal research if you're interested in self exploration. If not, it will at least peak your curiousity for a bit. Post your results after and feel free to discuss amongst other results. :)
    I've taken the questionnaire several times, and also have tried multiple similar "16 types" before with the result of an INTJ.

Personality test based on Jung and Briggs Myers typology

This assessment is a psychometric questionnaire designed to measure psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions. These preferences were extrapolated from the typological theories proposed by Carl Gustav Jung and first published in his 1921 book, "Psychological Types" (1923).

The original developers of the personality inventory were Katharine Cook Briggs and her daughter, Isabel Briggs Myers.

2. Shit man, I got bored after the 6th question... I might take it later when I can focus. Sorry.

:eek:

3. INTP...These things are wildly inaccurate in my opinion though.

I remember I did one that only had four personalities, and you lined up to two...The same shit as in the ancient times, and the only way the ancient's had personality right was if the witch doctor was crazy.:cool:

4. I was really into MBTI (and the Enneagram) a couple of years ago, it's easy to get obsessed if you're interested in analysing people. I'm an INTJ, 5 on the Enneagram.

5. No worries!

6. I agree, 'tis fun.

7. Hm, maybe you're not "tuned in" to yourself.. Or have yet to come to terms with some aspects of your personality. :eek: Also, for some affected by mood/state, you may want to take it multiple times.

8. #8 NeverOddOrEven., Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
    You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (33%)
    You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
    You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
    You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)
    so ENFP
    whatever, yo :smoking:

9. No...I'm plenty in tune with myself, I created myself from the ground up.

I just don't agree that there are only 16, 4, 8, or whatever the fuck number of personalities, I believe there are far more...Far, far more. I further do not agree with typing people based on a scale with similar numbers, it is counter-productive for the most part. I wrote up a really good argument against them for a class that made us take them so we could write about our personality types, one of two classes I did that for.

It isn't that my results are screwed up, I just don't agree with the aim of personality typing.:cool:

10. Of course there is more, there is always more. This is theoretical.
    You don't identify with any of the analysation?

11. Intp ....

12. INTJ - Introverted (83%) Intuitive (75%) Thinking (100%) Judging (1%)

True story: I brought the (Meyer-Briggs Psychological Typology) up in a group discussion amongst my political allies awhile back - a lot of us took the test to show each other our different profiles and to better understand our different strength's and weaknesses. This way we could more efficiently destroy our adversaries on the forums :D

13. You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extroversion (56%)
    You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
    You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
    You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

Sounds about right.

14. INTJ, INFJ, and INTP are the rarest personality types - each accounting for 1-2% of the population.

If you have and "SJ" in your results, you're a security seeking weenie, and in the majority :p

15. It isn't theoretical when your grade depends on it.

It is the idea I don't agree with, not what has been analyzed.

16. I got an INFP. So close to feeling special.

At least I'm not a security seeking weenie apparently.

17. I've gotten ISFJ but i think I'm more of an INFJ

18. So I got basically INTJ based on this...but i could also be INFJ

19. ESTP Extravert(78%) Sensing(50%) Thinking(12%) Perceiving(33)%

pretty inaccurate

20. You're an NF (intuitive feeler), so naturally you will seek an identity, whereas someone like me - NT (intuitive thinker) will seek knowledge, SJ's seek security, and SP's seek sensation.

I'm annoyed at SJ types because they're the one's who are religious nut jobs, cops, 'do-gooders,' or other obtuse forms of government slime - chasing everyone else around, telling them how to live because of their own pious belief system. As far as I'm concerned, authoritarians amongst this group can kiss my ass :smoking: