The 12-12 from seed thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by del66666, May 23, 2011.

1. i read a very through thread on another forum the other day about the difference in topping and not topping the plant. i dont take sides on this, i simply sit back and observe. but his theory was that when you top a plant you are ultimately reducing your over all yield by cutting an established branch off, by topping a plant he thought that you are saraficing yield for a shorter internode length. also stated that lsting a plant instead of topping and fimming not only increased his yield, but he had healthier bushier plants. (by the look of the plants in the thread)

2. Makes sense. There does seem to be more lower growth when the plant is topped tho. That's what I saw at least. On my next grow I think I'm going to get two clones of the same strain and size, top one and then just LST the other and see which yields more. I understand this would still not prove if one is better then the other but I want to find which works best for me

3. was he topping in 12-12 from seed? if you veg then i can see how it may pay but reckon also some strains dont like toppijng...id prefer lst.

4. yes topping makes lower growth....you are just forcing a plant to do what it would have done in time anyway........lst is more my bag...30 percent more bud ...will post pics of my topped hazes

5. more often you feed in coco the better...........some of mine get 2 a day

6. i believe he was on a regular light schedule, but his theory makes sense either way.

7. #67 greenbudguy, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I think I'm going to try coco for at least one plant next grow. Curious about it

8. i reckon if you try it you wont be going back to soil.......i know i wont be.:smoke:

9. #69 greenbudguy, May 27, 2011
    I just bought a big bag of FFOF so I wanna use that up first

10. I have a question about CFL's, I read that for vegging that you needed to use daylight 6500k, then either add or switch to 2400k for flowering. If your doing 12 / 12 do you use 2400k because you are going directly to flowering, or do you do, say 50 / 50 6500k and 2400k. I like the 12 / 12 because of the smaller plant size. I have a space problem. And also the quicker end result.

11. #71 greenbudguy, May 30, 2011
    I use both but more like 1-3 daylight to softlight for flowering on a 12/12 schedule. I use daylight only for veg

12. #72 Bigdad, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
    Will I be ok with 1 to 1? I have 1 of each on a Y inside my reflector. I'm going to germinate 7 seeds, hoping to get 5 or 6 that will root and 2 or 3 that are females. I will be using 8 CFL's that are 42/150. I wish that they made a triple Y so that I could use 3 CFL's in each reflector. Right now I only can use the 4 reflectors I know that this only gives me 256 watts, so I will be a little lite on the lighting if I get 3 ladies.

13. #73 greenbudguy, May 30, 2011
    You're going to need 100watts for first plant and 50 for each additional

14. So I should be god for 3 or 4 plants. What about the 1 to 1 6500k / 2400k? And thanks for the help.

15. 2-1 would be better but in general a mix of light is good.............bubblebombs..........:smoke:

Attached Files:

16. Those look great, I'm just using bag seed but it was pretty good. I haven't tried to buy any seed yet, a little nervous I guess. I have heard that marijuana-seeds.nl is a good site, where do you get your seeds?

17. most of mine come from marijuana-seeds.nl .............had bad shit from other places so my 1st choice always.....done thc bomb reg and fem, white widow skunk, fem bubblegum, reg bubblegum, brainstorm, hash bomb,grapefruit, royal hash, blue mystc, amsterdam haze......not keen on the bubblegum fem.......

18. #78 greenbudguy, May 31, 2011
    Wow! I'm just growing some different bagseeds and a couple clones. I've got a kryptonite and I just got a jelly bean Saturday

19. No problem with BIG BROTHER when ordering seeds. Medical mj is still illegal for me here. I'm a old guy, and my supplier for more years than I can remember, is no longer with me. Sad but at least he has no more pain, and life goes on. I have no choice but to grow, I mean how hard do you think it would be for someone who is almost 60 to find a new suppier. Can you see me going into places where kid's hang out "Dude, you got some smoke for sale?"

20. bigdad finding a supplier is more of a friggin headache then any problem you could encounter while growing, but like i try to explain to people weed really isnt that difficult to find.