The 12-12 from seed thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by del66666, May 23, 2011.

1. currently i am growing bagseed that ive had for some time now, the smoke it came from was a fruity tasting with a nice cerebral high with a slight body lock. this will be my 3rd year growing this same strain and i have had great results from it and ive got a fair amount of seed stock left.

2. grapefruit.............:smoke:

Attached Files:

3. have you not tired of smoking the same strain...........

4. bubblebombs.............:smoke:

Attached Files:

5. typically i only grow 1-2 plants at a time. and dont start growing again until i finished what i grow, during the grow i smoke other strains. i have yet to buy known genetics simply because i am not comfortable with my skills yet. the main reason i am growing the same strain is to see the difference in genetic traits between seeds of the same strain. the last grow with this strain too forever to finish, 14 weeks of flowering after 4 of veg. i am using the same strain this time and growing it under 12/12 to see if there is a difference in the flowering time in the same strain.

6. ive tried loads of strains , like to have a change.......yeah thats a long time to flower....dont think i could put up with it........throw some pics up, woukd like to see how it works out for you.

7. the strain that i am currently growing is a sativa dominate, almost sure it is from mexico simply due to my location. i will post pictures after they show sex. the veg state is always boring to me. so hopefully in a week or so we'll see sex and go from there. i do have other strains in my personal seed bank, this particular strain has been very sturdy species for me to learn and hone my techniques on. i am thinking about lst or scrog this particular grow but i havent made up my mind yet.

8. yeah lst is good, maybe 30 percent weight gain...........i tend to use fem seeds mostly to take the guessing out of it.......you going to breed and keep ithat strain alive...

9. i probably have a few hundred seeds of this strain so its not going anywhere for awhile. i havent found a strain yet that i want to breed with it, but i am always on the look out for good seed stock. i do have a few seeds that i am almost 100% certain its a pure indica that i might breed with it over the winter.

10. #30 Freshfed, May 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Omg I'm doing gf now, thanks for the post! Totally getting onboard here! Peace!

11. ok so I am on attitude and looking for stable fem seeds that would flower well straight into 12/12... currently flowering grapefruit so not getting that... considering;
    DNA Genetics Chocolope Feminized
    Green House Seeds Lemon Skunk Feminized
    Kiwiseeds Mexican Haze
    Reserva Privada Sour Kush AKA Headband
    Dinafem Seeds Sweet
    Deep Grapefruit
    Dinafem Seeds Blue Hash\t
    Dinafem Seeds Powerkush
    order ready to go but I get 9 free seeds if I wait till june the 3rd! (tude june promo) so not sure if I should order yet or not!

any advice on selections welcomed?!:smoke:

12. got a poer kush too, not germed yet, lemon skunk is good....good ones i know of are .thc bomb........northern lights......ultra skunk.....orange bud...grapefruit ....rocklock....ak........big bomb.......hey if you dont try different strains how we going to know........you will of course get the odd 1 that wont perform but thats life..looks like a good selection to me mate...i look forward to seeing your success:smoke:

13. are you UK? I am... ooh rocklock... and NL... I might get a few tried and tested by yourself just to ensure I don't get a full failed crop haha. whats the best yield you've had from a straight 12/12? do you give a week or 2 of 24/0 blue light first?

any tips and advice for a first time 12/12 forcer?

p.s we need a catchy term for this type of flowering...
    how does ''Forced 12'' sound... F12 for short? lol

14. yeah mate uk.......doing the rounds of the sites, forgot i was a member here lol. i use an enviro for first week or 2 then under my 400 or 600 dual spec........12-12 right from the very start........i feed veg nutes til i see flowers....best was 31/2 oz dry . f12 sounds fine. sounds like a fighter plane

15. So, you don't top?

See, I am playing with one of the spiffy 3 light aerogardens at my caretakers [I lobby at the state level and I refuse to have anything weed related other than literature at the house in case they decide to raid me we wont lose anything and they can't send me to jail so I keep everything at a caretakers house] and my current baby Cheech is doing well, but I want to try some different stuff on the next baby I start when Cheech is finished. I was thinking of topping and getting lots of little baby buds. What would happen if I go 12/12 from seed and top pretty much from the start? Would I be better off with doing a different light pattern with the topping, or not topping and going 12/12 from seed? Or should I try one each way?

16. #36 Freshfed, May 24, 2011
    Sweet! I'm on the dual specs too! Using Dutch master gold. Order has changed as I waited and the UFOs changed lol. NL coming tho! So how long do u give it before harvest? Hand watered in coco?

17. id say if you want to top do it early, ive topped 2 amsterdam haze this time and im not seeing a gain...in the interest of science do 1 each way then we will have an .......very wise to have a caretaker....fight the good fight.

18. yeah hand water coco , 25 squid for 300+ litres.compressed....harvest is from 101/2 weeks on depending on strain, although ive had a few that were quicker than 101/2 ...such as hash bomb....feeding every day at the moment, largest pot is 10 litre.

19. #39 Freshfed, May 24, 2011
    Sweet so have you found an optimum pot size? Kl thanks for info, al get on the hazes and see the results... In the name of science (and mexican haze) lol. Peace

20. how well would this work under cfls? i have a sour diesel seedling that i may want to do this with. how big would my yield be,and how long would i have to grow it ya think thanks alot