The $1 Poor Man's Big Mac

Discussion in 'General' started by jacktown, Apr 9, 2012.

1. If you like eating the BigMac and are into saving a few bucks, then check this out. I'm not sure where I was when I first heard about the $1 Poor Man's Big Mac trick at McDonald's, but I do remember thinking that it was ingenious. Here's the deal.

Depending on where you are, a Big Mac sandwich costs around $4 to $4.50. On the other hand, most McDonald's offer a McDouble on their dollar menu. Since all the fast food restaurants are into the customize-the-way-you-want-it game these days, all you've got to do is order the McDouble without mustard and ketchup, and ask them to add shredded lettuce and Big Mac sauce and you've got yourself a pretty close approximation of a real Big Mac, minus the center bun and the sesame seeds, all for about a quarter of the price (some McDonald's will charge you a quarter for the sauce).

Anyway, give it a shot the next time you want a Mac but only have a dollar or so.

2. [quote name='"jacktown"']If you like eating the BigMac and are into saving a few bucks, then check this out. I'm not sure where I was when I first heard about the $1 Poor Man's Big Mac trick at McDonald's, but I do remember thinking that it was ingenious. Here's the deal.

Depending on where you are, a Big Mac sandwich costs around $4 to $4.50. On the other hand, most McDonald's offer a McDouble on their dollar menu. Since all the fast food restaurants are into the customize-the-way-you-want-it game these days, all you've got to do is order the McDouble without mustard and ketchup, and ask them to add shredded lettuce and Big Mac sauce and you've got yourself a pretty close approximation of a real Big Mac, minus the center bun and the sesame seeds, all for about a quarter of the price (some McDonald's will charge you a quarter for the sauce).

Anyway, give it a shot the next time you want a Mac but only have a dollar or so.[/quote]

They make you pay extra here for that.

Hell, its .50 cents a cheese slice even

3. I am pretty sure this only works if you're actually poor, for obvious reasons....

4. Shit don't work and I wouldn't try it. 3 of my friends work at different mc ds

Heres one:

friend and coworkers: ustomer asked for mcdouble and then asked to add a extra bun inbetween, she got her bun ! wiped aross 4 ass cracks and the floor

So many gross stories Im always chill with the fast food orders they FUCK your food down here WITH COCKS if you get fancy

5. Mom does it all the time. Shit is legit.

6. [quote name='"Cali Smokes"']Shit don't work and I wouldn't try it. 3 of my friends work at different mc ds

Heres one:

friend and coworkers: ustomer asked for mcdouble and then asked to add a extra bun inbetween, she got her bun ! wiped aross 4 ass cracks and the floor

So many gross stories Im always chill with the fast food orders they FUCK your food down here WITH COCKS if you get fancy[/quote]

that's disgusting...

i usually get a #2 w/mac sauce
    hasn't failed me yet, and i know almost everybody that works at that joint so its safe to say its probably ass free

7. [quote name='"Cali Smokes"']Shit don't work and I wouldn't try it. 3 of my friends work at different mc ds

Heres one:

So many gross stories Im always chill with the fast food orders they FUCK your food down here WITH COCKS if you get fancy[/quote]

You do realize customers can see everything the people assembling the food do, right?

It's not as if they are hidden by a barrier. So I dont buy this story.

Am I saying people don't do fucked up shit to your food? No. But not over something so stupid as asking for an extra bun

8. [quote name='"Spaced"']

You do realize customers can see everything the people assembling the food do, right?

It's not as if they are hidden by a barrier.[/quote]

that's what i was about to add.

at my local McD's you can see the entire kitchen area from the counter.

9. All fast food places aren't designed the same. I went to this one Burger King in Kentucky and you couldn't see the kitchen at all. There was a wall right behind the counter with just enough room for the people to take your orders and cups and things.

10. I can't tell if im getting the Mcdouble or Mcanus if im in the drive-thru.

11. Pay more for what? Cheese is already included on a McDouble. I have never ever had them charge me for that sauce, but even if they did, you're still getting a BigMac (sans middle bun) for way under $2.

12. #12 Cali Smokes, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2012
    lol like Im not asking you to buy shit :confused:. but you do know there is a thing called hmm damn Im too stoned to rememeber...That thing you take those shiny metal things on wheels through:smoke:

theres a wall that seperates the kicthen from the counter at 2 of the local mc ds by my house. and a small serve window. and its not like they can't take the bun in the back??? IDK it was a story my friend told me and I believe him. :smoke:

AND LOL and everyomne calling out structures and prices like WTF smoke a blunt a bon g a j dammnnn every mc ds is different shiit theres one in jamul where the M is fucking upside down and the co workers are all arab with one eye and 2 cocks

13. Man if you want anything extra from McD's in my town you gotta pay for it. Mac sauce, a slice of cheese, anything that's extra beyond what comes on that sandwich.

I don't eat fast food, but I used to and I would get a McChicken with cheese and it was always .50 more.

:confused: :confused::confused::confused: :confused_2:

14. the small fries are now 1.19 WTF happened dollar menu. At least at my local McD they changed the price.

I'll have to try that next time. I usually get a McDouble, McChicken, and small fries

15. So you get the McGangBang?

16. I always keep the Cups and just walk in for refill's.

17. I could care less about their shitty burgers.

I might get a McChicken if I'm broke as fuck.

I do like their breakfast food.

bacon egg and cheese biscuit, biscuit and gravy, and crispy ass hash browns. Gah-damn.
    Fuck a Big Mac.

18. A phrase I never thought I'd ever hear in my life.

19. [quote name='"brett119"']the small fries are now 1.19 WTF happened dollar menu. At least at my local McD they changed the price.

I'll have to try that next time. I usually get a McDouble, McChicken, and small fries[/quote]

My gf works there I guess they are gonna get rid of the dollar menu they are phasing it out

20. McDonalds is disgusting. Im off it :bolt: since Supersize Me.