Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD Tinctures THCa tincture question

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by Dewey25, Dec 22, 2019.

1. #1 Dewey25, Dec 22, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    Hi,

so i recently purchased a pricey 1000mg TCHa tincture bottle (see pic) View attachment 2725999 View attachment 2725999 View attachment 2725999 at my dispensary. Figured this would be excellent in replacing edibles. Budtenders had no idea about it, just said sounds like it’d get u high for a long time. I got home just to find out this bottle has NO psychoactive properties. Someone PLEASE tell me theres a way i can heat this bottle or something to activate the THC. Please help cause I'm bummed right now. Thanks

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. The problem is once submerged in an oil it's very hard to decarb Cannabis.
    Dump entire contents into a small metal dish.
    Heat 220 F for 60 minutes to 4 hours.
    This will cook off most if not all of the flavors natural or added.
    Should activate it enough to be usable.

BNW

3. Thanks for quick reply.

these are Sublingual drops, not a thick oil. Wont this process just evaporate all the liquid away?

4. MCT is fractionated Coconut or Palm oils and won't evaporate.
    Heat is the only way I know of to activate the THC.

BNW

5. Last question.
    How would you go about doing this, specifically? I know u said metal box at 220.
    Like what kind of box? This is only 1000mgs. And are you referring to using an oven, boiling, etc? Thanks again!

6. also, could i just leave in bottle, remove rubber dropper, place bottle on damp cloth and put in oven? Must i remove from MCT from glass bottle?

7. wooh now,

I would suggest giving it a try before you ruin it!! give it a go with around your normal dosage and see what happens ;) eating raw bud has gotten me high before it just takes 30% more or so. ur liver processes it still and enzymes in your stomach can activate.

what you can do is just add to brownies and bake if ends up not being very active for you! def dont try and heat it up in a thin dish sounds like a disaster!

yes MCT oil will evaporate dont belive the hype. infact they use that in VAPES not reccomended but its done. also think about that feeling your get around a fryer or cooking, that geasy feeling is from lipid/fat vapors condensing on your skin.

the product is likely just BHO dissolved in grain booze and not in oil. so def will evaporate.

anyway, test it out and report back.

8. hey guys sorry for the delay in replying. I heated it in the oven for 4 hours. It did NOT evaporate at all however i still barely caught a buzz. Shit sucks wish the bud-tender knew what she was talking about cause that was a waste of cash

9. #10 clearheaded, Apr 4, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    just bake into something prob easiest way man! that or they just dont put much into it as "no high" for people to call them on it. may be to young for firecrackers bud on cheese in microwave on a cracker and eat ;) do you know what dosage you tried? could even make some gummies as heat up the sauce pretty dang hot and will be tickety boo as it were. folks decarb in vacume bags in water sous vide.

what mg did u take an whats your normal oral dosage?

10. Maybe next time read the bottle before you buy it,o_O

• Like Like x 1
  11. I’d contact the dispensary manager and get a credit. Yea you wanna get “high” but if it’s a Medicinal shop and your meds don’t work they should credit you. If it was rec, I’m not sure how much flexibility they give customers but still worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. know the difference in thc and thca however very unprofessional by the dispensary

get a magical butter and create your own. magical butter will change your life lol

13. As others have stated, the bottle was clearly labeled THC-A, so you really have no one to blame but yourself. Budtenders are typically not there to help you, they are there to move product (I am sure there are some very good budtenders out there, they just are not the majority) and often know little more about the products they sell than their customers. Sadly, after in oil, it is far harder to decarb, although taking it as is will give you health benefits, just no psychoactive fun. You live and learn I guess.

• Winner Winner x 1