THC VAPE JUICE - SLOW COOKER METHOD

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by NeonFire, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Hi everyone,

After toying with the idea for a long time and researching different methods of creating a THC vape juice I finally took the plunge and risked it all to give it a go. I would just like to share my method and my thoughts on the outcome in the hopes that it will help others to make their own as well.

I made the vape juice and it turned out brilliantly.

I used 50/50 PG and VG.

Ground up 1oz of bud

Decarbed in oven at 100 degrees Celsius until dry and slightly brownish and let cool. (About 35-40 mins with fan assisted oven)

Slightly warmed up plenty of the PG/VG mix.

I put the ground up bud into a measuring jug and covered with the mix until it all was slightly covered, then mixed together to make sure everything was saturated.

Placed it all straight into the slow cooker. I didn't do the mason jar technique - just straight into the pot.

I left it on the warm setting the entire time and stirred it thoroughly approx every 40-45 mins. And cooked for just under 5 hours total. (Approx 4.5 hours)

It was at this stage I decided to test it. Took out a small sample and let cool for about 20 mins and strained thoroughly with cheesecloth and a potato presser/ricer. I put in a new 0.5 coil in my lovaper tornado (max 60w) and started off at 20w. After about 5 good puffs I could feel it starting to work and definitely felt it around the eyes. I upped the temp to 50w and took another few puffs. This was all it took to feel the desired results. I decided to stop cooking here as I had obtained the results I was looking for. Perhaps it could be potentially stronger if I cooked it longer but I didn't want to risk it as I had invested an ounce of bud into it.

I was left with approx 150ml of greenish hue liquid that got me nice and stoned. Yes it takes a few puffs to properly kick in, but for me that's absolutely fine. The liquid will last me a lot longer compared to smoking the bud in joints and continuous puffing is leaving me couch locked and occasionally passing out asleep.

This worked as desired for me but I understand for the veteran smokers that want to be high as a kite from 1 puff that this won't be good enough.

For the average smoker such as myself this batch turned out amazingly. Far better than I had hoped and will definitely be making the next batch the exact same way. Why fix what isn't broken?

For me this is all I need. I could potentially make it stronger or more potent if I fiddled with ratios like adding less PG/VG and cooked for a longer period. But as it is right now, after 10 good long puffs I feel like I've just smoked a blunt. I will admit the high only lasts about half an hour before I'm puffing again though. But a couple more blasts and I'm topped up. It does feel like it does Plateau but the ceiling of this is plenty for me and leaving me with a good high feeling with heavy red eyes.

Happy days.

I hope this helps anyone else who wants to try and make their own batch.

If anyone has any suggestions for the next batch, it will be greatly appreciated. But once again I'm more than happy how this turned out for my first ever time making it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I just found this post. Thanks so much for sharing, that's very kind of you!

I'm thinking of trying this with pure VG.

What temperature did you use on your slow cooker?

3. The first thing you need to know about CBD vaping is that it is not perfect. Some things could be improved, especially in terms of flavor and consistency.