Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC tinctures

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Chuntttttt, Aug 27, 2019.

1. If I've made a tincture at home using the hot, green dragon method, is it possible to add more product to it once it's already been heated to increase potency, or is the alcohol content too low at this point to re-dose the tincture?

2. Yes but it would be simpler to just evaporate some of the alcohol to increase potency.

3. Cool, thanks! What's the best approach to doing this?

4. Open the container in a well ventilated area and let nature take its course. I have done it in my guest bath with the exhaust vent running. Under the hood vent of your cooktop is also an option ONLY if your range isn’t gas. I think psam uses a coffee warmer to hasten the process.

If you’ve used 190 proof ethanol and live in a moderately humid area, a partial evaporation is feasible. Otherwise, you’ll need to do a complete evaporation and reconstitute to desired potency. If you start getting milky looking areas, you’ll know you’ve got to do a complete evaporation.

5. Tha
    Thanks, this is very helpful!

• Like Like x 1