Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC Suppositories

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by thedeadwalkk, May 6, 2011.

1. Suppositories are the best way to dose if getting high isn't desired. It has the highest absorption rate of all the methods of dosing, even more than oral by far. You bypass the liver which is where the THC is metabolized into the psychoactive component. Instead, the cannabinoids are absorbed directly into the tissue through the mass of blood vessels in that part of the body.

There is a placement clause on the info above, though. Insertion above 1.5" will be absorbed by the major vein going to the liver and would cause psychoactivity. I've made and used them and they are just what the doctor ordered. If treating a cancer or other high dose ailment you can take a much higher dose to fight the illness without being overwhelmed.. Here's a little more info on it: What You Need to Know About Using Cannabis Suppositories :)

2. My concern is that the thc is 180 milligrams which seems high to me. And yes I take it for pain.

3. Without the psychoactive effects the cannabinoids will just be treating that pain directly. That would be a real high dose of RSO if you were ingesting it because of the psychoactivity but not with the suppository. If you're uncomfortable with the full dose, break it in half. You're needing a medical dose so I wouldn't use less. You want it to work after all is said and done.

There's a lot of good information on Google and it's how I reassured myself when I first made them. They're gaining a good reputation in the medical cannabis community now. :mellow:

4. Thank you! I appreciate the response.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #25 Wadels, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    Hey i realized that this is an old post, but still do not fully understand why a suppository that has had its cannabinoids decarboxylated does not get you high, but the inhalation of cannabis does, even though inhalation has THC that reachs the brain before it reaches the liver where it becomes metabolized and excreted out through various means.

6. OP is 7 years old.

7. That is not what she is saying.
    I don't think smoke will reach the liver, thus no boost.
    Suppositories will not reach the liver, thus no boost (or minor at best).
    Both will get you high.
    Edibles will reach the liver and may get the extra boost if your liver is not "starving".

:smoke:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Re-read the prior posts as your missing a crucial point. Just inserted past the Sphincter muscle you won't get high.
    Deep insertion past 1.5 inches put the suppository up against a different Vein that DOES lead to the liver and you can get stoned that way.
    All depends upon Insertion Depth.
    I need my THC to take a trip through my liver for best results so deep works best for my issues.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  9. What the fuck???

If you're gonna be making suppositories- use glycerin and coconut oil bc the coconut oil is soild at room temp. But regardless, wtf dude

Sent from my SM-J727P using Grasscity Forum mobile app