THC strength in pee tests

Discussion in 'General' started by SabithToker, May 10, 2010.

1. Well, first off let me start by saying if this is the wrong place to be asking this question then let me know.

Basically, I wanna know if it's possible to tell how much you smoke by a pee test. Like, will a pee test show stronger dosage of thc if you smoke a lot? Or what?

If you know, then let me know please. Thanks.

2. I think there is different THC levels on the drug tests.

3. So, like low-high levels? like level 1 being lowest amount and like 10 being highest? Basically level 1 being a school wouldnt make you go to "rehab" for weed "abuse" and level 10 being the kid is screwed and definitely has to?

4. If it's just a basic dip stick urine test, then no.

It's designed to only show whether or not the THC in your urine is above the cutoff level which is 50 ng/ml.

Unlike most tests, like pregnancy tests, you actually WANT a second line to show up. Your test is considered negative if a second line appears, no matter how faint it is.

If the line is really faint, it suggests that your THC levels were really near the cutoff, but it does not give a definitive number, and you can't fail a drug test because of it. So basically you can kind of say that the lower the concentration of THC, the stronger the second line will be, but if it detects anymore than 50 ng/ml, a second line won't even appear.

Urine dipstick testing is designed to just be pass/fail, if you fail, then it is send for GC/MS testing to confirm the failure by actually determining the level

However, if it's GC/MS testing, it gives a definitive concentration in numeric form for the THC metabolites.

Again, even if THC metabolites are found in the urine, you can't fail if they are below the cutoff.

5. Hmm, alright. Thanks for all that info, really helpful.

Lol, I almost wanna ask you to dumb up that response a little, but I think I got it.

Oh and, do you mind if I PM you if I have any other questions about this?

6. no problem. feel free