Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC receptors

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by passtehbong, Oct 19, 2010.

1. #1 passtehbong, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2010
    I heard shit about how THC binds with THC receptors which is equivalent to losing brain cells? :confused:

Can someone indulge me on this subject?

Will this decrease your ability to react and think?

2. your brain has cannabanoid receptors, cannabanoids from cannbis, fit into the cannabanoid receptors in your brain, aka not killing brain cells. drinking water kills brain cells as well asholding in smoke so what the fuck are you worried about?

3. You probably kill more brain cells by punching yourself in the head, not even too hard, than if you smoke an oz to yourself in one sitting, every day for a week.

4. Yea the CB1 and CB2 receptors pretty much accepts THC as a neurotransmitter, it doesnt destroy brain cells during that process lol.....and yea..... sneezing fucking kills mad brain cells you have plenty dont worry about the few lost from shit that doesnt harm you hahahahha

5. My bad, I worded my post incorrectly.

By '..equal to', I meant equivalent to.

6. actually there are 3 cannabinoid receptors, CB1 CB2 and CB3. Also, theres around 88 different cannabinoids, not just THC.

These receptors are part of a system in our bodies known as The endocannabinoid system, which works with several of your other systems, and is important in maintaining Homeostasis.

"Cannabis contains a large amount of substances with affinity for the cannabinoid receptors. The endocannabinoids are a family of lipid neurotransmitters that engage the same membrane receptors targeted by tetrahydrocannabinol"

Phytocannabinoids and endocannabinoids. [Curr Drug Abuse Rev. 2009] - PubMed result

The worst part about smoking cannabis is actually the smoke itself, cannabis is non toxic, and is both one of the safest medicines and safest drugs at the same time.

7. hahaahah yea, thank you man im way too lazy to have typed all that sht out, i just went into vague detail

8. [​IMG]
    Just one toke and your ruined for life.
    LMmfAO
    Same crap they been spewing for over 80 years.
    Since I've been using it for 50 of them years I must be totally INSANE !!!
    upload_2018-10-16_9-17-29.jpeg

[​IMG]
    OMG save the Puppies, Unicorns, and Children

BNW

9. It probably alters the neuronal transmission rate is what I’m saying

10. Depends if you’re prone to it

11. Neurtransmission is the pathways brain chemicals transmit or travel from one neuron to another. Thc binds on neurons and affect neurotranmission. Neurotransmission is responsible in many cognitive functions such as memory and reaction time