The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure :

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC question

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by thegreenlantern, Dec 9, 2003.

1. how hot does weed need to get before thre thc is activated?
    anyone?

2. Deleted by IndianaToker

Please be a bit nicer. :D

3. not sure. I know not hot enough to set on fire. You can hold the light a distance under a home made vapo to get the vapors and some vapos use heat guns. It's really not that terribly high of a temp.

4. The Merck Index lists the boiling point of delta 1 9Tetrahydrocannabinol as 392 F. Based on what ive read about THC and its chemical properties less heat is better to extract as much THC as possible from your bud. Temperatures above the boiling point of THC will cause some of the molecules of THC to break down and hence less THC ends up inside you. This is the reason vaporizers are can be so effective since they vaporize nearly 100% of the THC. In general cooler lighters and no direct flame contact make for bigger hits and more high for less weed.

5. 150F... at least that's what i read in this one magazine about how the THC needs to "decarboxylate" (sp?), which basically means becoming psychoactive. the article said 150F... so i'm just assuming they know what they're talking about ;):D

6. what does everyone think burns hottest? spliffs or pipes/bongs? i'm just curious

7. id say the pipe/bong. being that the lighter is continuosly on the weed, while the cherry of a blunt/joint is probably much cooler.

Grasscity Deals Near You