THC lowering blood sugar

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Deleted member 616232, Jan 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I read a long time ago the reason we get the munchies is THC lowers blood sugar and it's the body's way of bringing it back up.

My bf is diabetic. We usually smoke a j sometime in the afternoon and dab in the evenings. It's gotten to a point where I will not let him dab unless he eats a couple of cookies first. If he doesn't, his blood sugar drops to dangerous levels!

We wish we could tell his endochrinologist why he's not using so much insulin, but he doesn't feel right about telling his doctor about dabbing.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Very interesting

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

3. Do u have an old ass dr? Is there something in ur insurance that say something like if u use marijuana or drugs u won’t be covered?? That’s kinda like someone being scared to tell drs they have stomach issues, diarrhea etcetc. Unless u have an old ass dr stuck to old ass medical books bring it up. Don’t mention doing research about it on the net, they will disregard what u say. Tell them something like, thru friends i trust I’ve picked up some info about said issue and gave it a try. Through vaping Concentrated thc/cbd(if cbd is in it) i was told “this would happen” and help me not to use this as much insulin. I’ve have been trying this per my friends advice AND IT WORKS. I smoke “this much” at this time and blah blah. They may dismiss it they may not but don’t let them think that they are prescribing stuff to u that’s helping u(Ik it does) when ur taking care of the issue with dabs/marijuana. Best case they completely agree with u and want to get involved and learn, worst case they tell u it’s in ur head it’s not really doing anything and u get the meds. Save if u can, if not use/keep what u need and try to give the rest to ppl who need it but can’t get it

4. Im type 2 and my endocrinologist said cannabis was the reason my A1C stayed at perfect level, ive never had cannabis to drop my sugar to dangerous levels, ive even stopped taking my meds for diabetes. I havent dabbed in a couple years either so i cant say if it does the same to me. Very interesting

5. Doctor + Patient = Confidentiality.
    Lawyer + Client = Confidentiality.

In both cases your information and anything revealed is protected under very strict laws.

My Doctor knows all as my blood testing shows my cannabis use very clearly. In fact the lab usually runs the sample 2 or even 3 times not believing the levels can be that high.

Doctor = Just how much Cannabis do you use?
    Me = As much as is needed to stop my pain.
    Doctor = Ahh .
    Me = LMmfAO
    Doctor = You don't seem high.
    Me = I'm never sober so you don't have a baseline to compare it to.

BNW

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. yes, actually he is pee tested once a month to get his other medication. He has to sub in a friend's pee cause he can't get this other medication with any thc in his pee. It's ridiculous really, because cannabis helps him more than anything for his diabetic nephropathy.

7. I stopped using all pills.

My parents used to make me take A.D.D. shit and, blood pressure meds as a kid then anti depressants and sleeping pills as a teen, because the A.D.D. shit spiked my blood pressure and, I resented my parents so they shoved pills down me.

Fuck that all that noise. I just stick to cannabis for all pain ever and as an insomnia cure. I don't even use caffeine really I prefer alcohol. :laughing:

Maybe Pepto Bismol somtimes though.