Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC Lip balm

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by DDV, Aug 14, 2012.

1. I know some dispensaries offer this in California. My question is, what are the effects of this/medical benefits? Anyone have any experience with it?

2. I imagine it helps chapped lips :rolleyes:

3. [quote name='"xdog"']I imagine it helps chapped lips :rolleyes:[/quote]

Well yeah. But I was wondering how the THC would be absorbed through the lips. Because I've never even heard of that..

4. I have some HEMPOTICS lip balm. It has THC, but I don't get any effect that I notice. However it is an excellent product and I will buy it again.

Granny

5. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']I have some HEMPOTICS lip balm. It has THC, but I don't get any effect that I notice. However it is an excellent product and I will buy it again.

Granny[/quote]

aw no so effects? I was afraid of that :(

6. Always avoid the fancy gadgets because 90% of the time they never work.

lip balm, sodas, fancy edibles, lotion, perfume, glasses, --- stick to the flower

7. This isn't just hemp balm though, its made with cannabis oil and contains a considerable amount of THC. Will it not be absorbed through the lips though? Anyone here know...?

8. i don't how see how it could ever be

unless one licked their lips, and it was in edible form already

9. If this helps any, here are the ingredients:

THC infused coconut oil
    Beeswax
    Lemon grass oil
    Chamomile oil
    Lavendar oil
    Rose oil
    Frankincense oil

10. #10 Padovan, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2016

11. [quote name='"Zerorattray"']

Oil oil oil oil oil oil- smoke it![/quote]

I doubt you could smoke it lol

12. [quote name='"ddoublevision"']If this helps any, here are the ingredients:

THC infused coconut oil
    Beeswax
    Lemon grass oil
    Chamomile oil
    Lavendar oil
    Rose oil
    Frankincense oil[/quote]

The coconut oil is what would get you high. My buddy made nice ass canna cookies using a coconut oil recipe.

13. [quote name='"Hologram Panda"']

The coconut oil is what would get you high. My buddy made nice ass canna cookies using a coconut oil recipe.[/quote]

So.. it wouldn't get me high if I use it as lip balm, but it would if I eat it?

14. I got some shit at hempfest that was made out of canaoil that I put on my head for migraines that helps and does not get me high. Yes there is more than one use for thc besides getting high. Suprise suprise It's not all about getting stoned

15. [quote name='"ddoublevision"']

So.. it wouldn't get me high if I use it as lip balm, but it would if I eat it?[/quote]

Well it depends on how potent the oil was and how much oil they used in the recipe. If it was potent enough then yeah you'll get high from it being used as lip balm. IMO dont eat it lol :p