Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC levels of different plant parts

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Howl3r, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Does anyone know the THC levels of the different parts of the plant? For example, the flower pistols have an average of X% THC, leaves have Y%, flower petals have Z%.

I'm just curious. I tried to find a site with this information to no avail. Obviously the flowers and around the flowers has the most THC and different plants have different ratios I'm sure. Doesn't matter which plant the info is on, but at least it'd give me a ball park figure to go off of.

If you know the data or know of a website that does lemmie know.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. No one?

3. #3 Cincle38, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011
    I don't think anybody knows that answer but what do you want to know it for any way why does it matter.

4. there is no database of marijuana strains listing the THC %...

if me and you grow the same seeds we could easily get different results.

5. Apparently no one actually reads what I post. I know and everyone who's ever even though of growing know different plants have different %'s of THC, BUT there should be a unifying ratio in the same strains.

I want to know because of curiosity and also so that I can make a decent calculation of how much THC I could pull from different plant parts. Think of it as a research project.

I'm 100% positive a lab from somewhere has the data, but it had been impossible to find at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yea I get wat u saying like wats the ideal ratio of thc in the plant I will google it

7. the buds are what have the THC in them the stem wont have any.

all buds from every part of the plant are the same strength

8. The stems have a little thc but not as near much as the buds. It would rake alot more stems to get you high than it would bud. I would say that the ratio is around 5:1. Which mean for ever 5% thc in the bud there is 1% in the stem. It's around those numbers.

9. You would never ever ever be able to tell for sure because every specimen is different. No one can tell you this without access to Gas Chromatography/Mass-Spectrometry and again they'd only be able to tell you for that exact sample. There is no "average" because every plant is different. Maybe, just maybe you'd be able to figure out an average ratio, but that would take the testing of many samples. Testing THC levels is complex shit.

10. That's actually not true, at least from my little experience. My stem has trichomes growing on it where the thickest buds are, as few as there might be.

The buds should all be x% (broken into subgroups such as pistol%, petal%, anything else%), bud leaves y%, regular leaves z%, stem probably doesn't have an identifiable percentage.

If there isn't any info like this on at least one strain of marijuana, it's actually surprising. If we know what every single cell in the human body can do, information as simple as this should already be available. I assume (if it's not available) that it's because the plant is still largely considered illegal and researchers don't really feel the need to map the THC ratios.

11. Seedfinder lists the percentage.

12. Actually there is a average thc content for strains beCUS they test the thc of a strain and find the average.

13. The labs for medical mj have all these things. That's where I looked first, but couldn't find it. I was hoping someone else would direct me to a solid research page.

14. Maybe nobody never thought to research it. U could have been the first person with the idea of a ratio of thc from stem to bud. I mean the plant being illigeal didn't stop labs from research other complex things about marijuana.

15. dude never belive a vendors claim on THC % ive seen some ads claiming 30%+ THC.

16. Yes, this is true because they've tested many samples of that strain. However, I still think this is terribly inaccurate since potency comes down to the grower.

As far as I know, (you may be right) they don't have labs specifically for MMJ, it's more of the dispensary hiring third party labs to conduct testing.
    In which case they labs do have the testing equipment, but this is very expensive which is why they don't test very often.

17. even still the gas crom test seem a little shiesty, they seem to tell you what you wanna hear

18. Yeah that might be true, or the place getting the actual results and exaggerating them.

19. Lol so true man so true...

And circle, if I had the means to figure it out on my own and take all the credit I definitely would. Maybe I'll breaking to my schools bio labs and jack their stuff lol

20. Well if you grow a strain how you are suppose to grow it and do everything right you should get the average results are close to it. It's like making something. If you miss some of the steps it will still be what you were tryna make but it won't function as best as it could. That's why when they do the averages they grow the plants how they are suppose to be grown then check the thc content.