Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC Levels are Strong Now...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by RuffRat, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Right, when ever i see an argument agaisnt weed, or agaisnt other people, i always seem to hear:

"Cannibis Is stronger now that it was 30 years ago!"

I just think to myself: "So?"

You still will not die from it or anything like that? Just that one statment really confuses me...

It's a great think that it is stroner, and it means they must of had shite weed back then (which i know is false :p )

http://talktofrank.com/secrets.aspx?id=439 (2nd on the left, 3rd row)

2. we had some pretty damn good weed 30 years ago too. there is a lot more strains out there now, and I'm sure some that are more potent but hell, we had hash back then too so you don't get a lot more potent then some well made hash, no matter what strain you make it from. they're missing the point though I think, so what if it's more potent if it's not dangerous to you.

3. so i guess its better being more potent...
    the less you need to inhale to get high right?
    is that not more healthy?

4. Apparently so, yes. (How you doing, Joe?)

When they say, 'Weed is more potent than ever before', what hey really mean is, 'Good weed is more readily available than ever before'.

That's all it is. Fuck all to do with quality. all to do with the government not having a clue, and mispercieving the situation.

5. I'm fine, how've you been?

I agree. I've been putting a lot of thought in to what our biggest obstacles are toward legalizing. our biggest enemy is fear. people are afraid because they've been taught to be for so long. it's against the law so it must be bad for you or dangerous. they never question authority. after thinking about it for a while I came to realize that fear is responsible for most if not all of the big problems with the human race. wars are started and fought out of fear. it's a dangerous thing that needs to be illuminated and eliminated through education.

6. Yo.

I have no doubt that the best strains that exist today are much stronger than the strongest strains that existed years ago, but this fact doesnt really change anything except that people are buying more high quality stinky weed... and smoking less of it. Just because the THC level increases doesnt mean that people necessarily higher, but that they are getting a more quality dank high per puff. If the weed is strong, not much is smoked. If you are smoking bean pies, then you will be smoking way more.

That's my thought

Peace

7. well, I don't agree completely with you here. in your more potent strains there are measurable amounts of cannabanoids (spelling sorry) other than THC like CBDs and CBAs. these do produce a different high, it is similar but not one you can reach with lesser strains, no matter how much you smoke.

8. Everything is stronger now. Stronger cars, stronger athletes, stronger buildings, stronger weed, the list goes on. Everything gets stronger and better over time, because technology allows it to.

9. Anyone notice on that site, the very first picture... damn he/she is snorting some huge lines.

10. Weed gets better for you as it becomes more potent because you have to smoke less of it to get high.

11. This fact sticks in most parents minds these days. I've heard this fact countless times, i like hearing that generally we get way better weed then back in the day, makes me want to blaze.