Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC in saliva?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by StFuDonny, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Alright im pretty high right now so this might come off as retarded. When I smoke weed I salivate and usually i don't like to swallow my spite ( i know its weird, its just somthign I do) so usually i spite in a garbage can or a klenex or somthing like that.

See usually I spite right after i take a hit, so what I was wondering is am I wasting THC by spiting instead of swallow my saliva?

2. naw dont worry about it man

3. What he said.

Sure, there may be some minute amount of THC in your saliva, but your body wont put it to use anyway cuz THC has to be heated in order to be effective.

4. Yea what I was thinking is that it was heated before you inhale the smoke, so I thought the smoke hits you saliva and some of the THC gets trapped in you spite, while the rest is inhaled through the lungs.

5. well yeah if any THC is in the spit, it's active. However, THC is not water soluble, and since the smoke is only "passing" the saliva and not actually going through it, any THC lost will be too small to notice.

6. just came here to say
    it's spit, not spite
    continue...

7. It's not enough to notice don't worry about it :)