Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

thc for lung cancer

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by austyn12, Oct 10, 2012.

1. #1 austyn12, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012
    Marijuana vs cigarettes | Patients for Medical Cannabis i saw this link online and it says that thc expands the lungs and is a bronchodilator . If this is true wouldn't that make it so people with lung cancer don't die? Im thinking this would cause the tar to clear out making it easyier to breath.

2. I stopped smoking cigs for a few days and had a good sesh and coughed up a huge black lung, does that help? On topic with your post there are many studies showing that cancer commits autophagy(cell-mediated death) when introduced to our good friend Cannabis. It is also a bronchiodilator and also increase the diameter of alveolar sacs in the lungs(the little things that transfer O2 into the body that work in a similar fashion as capillary action.

3. this should be a sticky note im sure alot of people ask that.

4. If you have more questions about it let me know. I have references and used to study Biology and Chemistry before I got married.

5. {Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer.
    (abst - 2007)
    {Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer. -- Preet et al. 2007 (1): 4749 -- AACR Meeting Abstracts

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows (news – 2007)
    Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows

Pot's Active Ingredient Halts Lung Cancer Growth, Study Says (news - 2007)
    Illinois NORML - Pot's Active Ingredient Halts Lung Cancer Growth, Study Says
    \t
    Marijuana Ingredients Slow Invasion by Cervical and Lung Cancer Cells
    (news - 2007) Pot Slows Cancer in Test Tube

Delta9-Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits epithelial growth factor-induced lung cancer cell migration in vitro as well as its growth and metastasis in vivo. (abst – 2008) Delta9-Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits epithelial gro... [Oncogene. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2, as novel targets for inhibition of non-small cell lung cancer growth and metastasis (full - 2011) Cannabinoid Receptors, CB1 and CB2, as Novel Targets for Inhibition of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Growth and Metastasis

Cannabidiol inhibits lung cancer cell invasion and metastasis via intercellular adhesion molecule-1. (abst – 2011) Cannabidiol inhibits lung cancer cell invasion and m... [FASEB J. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Can marijuana stop cancer? (news – 2012)
    Can marijuana stop cancer? - San Francisco Health News | Examiner.com

Send me an email (bottom of my sig) and I'll send you 840 pages like that, all about how cannabinoids fight all sorts of ailments!

6. what cause the tar from smoke not to stick inside the lungs?

7. Tobacco paralyzes the little cilia (silly-ah), little finger-like parts of a cell, that clean out your lungs. Cannabis doesn't paralyze the cilia and your lungs can clean themselves out like they are supposed to!

Granny

8. any kind of smoke is bad for the lungs, so I don't know how would weed help in lung cancer case.

9. it would remove the tar and make you able to breath more.

10. How when it contains tar itself? Even if it is helpful, if, and I am saying I want to see an at least 20 year study with at least 1000 participants. I know it is not because I quit smoking cigarettes and still smoked a gram or more per day for well over a month after. And that nasty feeling like you can barely breathe because your sinuses are so backed up...well basically it felt just like I was still smoking cigarettes, exactly the same. It does not do shit and does hurt your body, just like smoking tobacco. You are smoking, all smoke is bad for you. You could be burning unicorns and pixie dust, it would still be bad to inhale the smoke. Smoking is bad for the human body. How is this so hard to comprehend? And yes, after I stopped smoking cannabis because I realized I had to in order to be healthy my lungs improved considerably. Did I want to quit? No, but I saw that I had to. I would still gladly make and consume edibles, but I think taking a little break is good because my desire to smoke weed comes about still. I think until I rid myself of that urge to smoke, I need to just not even bother for the sake of my own health.

11. have you ever seen your pipe or bong after a month of use?? that shit is called "TAR", now imagine that on your lungs. how would the tar from weed help remove tar from cigarettes to make you able to breath more?? common sense.

12. Maybe he means by opening the bronchial tube but he is still wrong. Only way it could stop cancer is cell growth not by physical action

13. Vaporize, noobs :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Check out JCI - Welcome and look for studies on there that have been peer reviewed containing pulmonary, cannabanoid and that should suffice for the guy that wanted a study done in the last 20 years.

EDIT: What were your smoking methods also? Blunts, Joints?

15. maby if we could get thc to the lungs without smoke it would help.

16. Get a vape, probably the cleanest way to get thc in your body!( if you eat edibles... Something has to come out:p)

17. it dos'nt help my anixety as munch.

18. right now a socket and apple(so the ash sticks on the juice in it) but hoping to get a bong.

19. You might not be using it right? Or just using a bad vape. There are breathing techniques for vapes and your settings might not be on right!

People also say it takes continually use from a vape if you're a smoker( bong, pipe, tobacco) because the high you get from the THC is also accompanied by carcinogens and tar.

Take a look at vapes! It's a real alternative and people love it!

20. i need get better one its lightblub hahah.