Thc e-cig juice...will this work?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by moonlightCA, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Ok, been reading a lot of the threads here and I want to make some juice for my e-cig but with THC instead of nicotine.  My plan is to get about 1/4 oz of the highest quality herb I can at the dispensary and then soak it in some 0 nicotine PG/VG flavored juice designed for e-cigs.  Was going to use maybe 10 ml of the juice to 1/4 oz herb to start with...keeping the batch small in case it doesn't work.  From what I have read here the THC should dissolve into the pg/vg very nicely if it is heated to 200 degrees and left to soak for 7-8 hours.  The plan was to grind the herb in my coffee grinder and combine this and the juice in a shot glass and put into a crock pot with water filled to the same height as the liquid in the shot glass, then set on low.  Then strain out the juice with cheese cloth.

So, will it work or am I going to waste 1/4 oz of premium weed?  From what I have read here, it seems like it should.  I already ordered 30 ml of the 0 nicotine pg/vg juice with a raspberry chocolate flavor (it sounded pretty tasty). 

2. Thanks for the reply.  Yes, the third link you posted I read all 8 pages, 4 years worth of posts.  That's where I got my above idea from, but on that thread there were dozens of different methods used and none used a pre made pg/vg flavored mix designed for e-cigs and some mixed reviews on how well it actually worked.  The first link you posted didn't really have a recipe that I could find.  The second link was not what I am looking for, its about adding oils and such to specific brands of e-cigs.  I am looking to make some juice that will work with my e-cig.

3. Yeah, thanks, saw that one too.  Again, not really a recipe, and by recipe I mean step by step instructions.....add A to B, mix and heat to X temp for Y period of time, add C and mix then strain, etc.  

What I'd really like to know is...will the idea I posted above actually work?  Anybody try it and succeed.....or fail?  BadKitty seems to know her stuff, maybe I should PM her?

4. That last link definitely answered my question, thanks for posting it.  Seems like the pre-made PG/VG flavored juice isn't as good as starting from scratch.  Glad I read that before dumping a 1/4 or 1/2 oz of premium weed!  There are just so many different recipes posted on the board here, many with different levels of ease and success, some take hours of cooking, some take months of soaking and shaking, some designed for specific types of e-cigs.  I was really hoping to avoid a bunch of trial and error.  I was wondering why none of the local dispensaries stock e-cig juice, but now I know why.  oh well, off to do more research!

5. You can make your own glycerin tincture then vape it in an e-cig. The hard part is making it strong enough that you don't have to vape a whole cartridge. If you have access to dispensaries I'd start with a concentrate like hash.
    We discussed this topic at length in the thread in my signature, problem is its over 130 pages and I don't remember when. Sam made a great kief tincture that he enjoyed in an e-cig.

6. Ok, so how about this.  Using Sam's tincture method, what if I were to take my 1/4 of finely ground weed and soak it in a small amount of everclear in the freezer for 24 hours, then rather then strain it, combine the weed and everclear mix with an equal part of my ready made 0 nicotine flavored PV/VG juice and cook that for 6-8 hours at 200 degrees to burn off the alcohol.  Then strain out the plant in cheese cloth.

My concern is getting the right viscosity for the e-cig to get a good clean vapor without clogging the wick.  Yet still have a good solution for absorbing the THC.  I know the store bought juice will burn perfectly in my e-cig so it seems like the best choice to use...if I can get the THC into it.

Any thoughts?

7. #10 Adollaz420, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGChBwwhMC4
    easier than me teaching you.

8. If you make an alcohol tincture you should strain the weed out when finished washing with alcohol, then combine that alcohol tincture with your pg/vg mix in a double boiler and cook until the alcohol is all evaporated. Keep stirring while it's reducing. The hardest part is letting your infused pg/vg mix cure for at least two weeks after its done. It will get stronger as it ages.
    I have done this with glycerin, it works, I then used about 1/4 the volume of another strong alcohol tincture to cut the glycerin to get the right viscosity.

9. I saw that video, my concern was other people posted mixing oil or wax and they said it would separate and clog the wick, but that looks so easy i might give it a try.

10. Thanks, good advice, I'll try it that way!

11. i use a tank mod to be exact and i have a certain wick i use just for the tincture and it works fine.

12. #16 lux209, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
    I don't know where you live but I live next the Nederland and there you can buy some THC oil, it has a high thc percentage ! nerver tried in e-liquid but it should work well!

If you are in the US you can maybe find some now with the new law in Colorado.

13. What did you end up doing? The video and link aren't working anymore. Did you follow jojo0420's method?

14. if your pen has a atomizer why wouldnt you use veggie glycerin..high times shows a very easy way.just have to have some patients.. it still has to cure.