Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC/CBD

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by itsokbob, Jan 26, 2019.

1. High Everyone

I'm A little confused...If Sativa strains are higher in THC than CBD, why would a high CBD to THC strain like Harlequin be classified as a Sativa? I have health reason for asking.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Don't know what to say, other than research your ailment and find others with similar ailments and PM them or post in the open forums is what I'd do. Say I got this problem what would ya'll recommend for medicine to help me.

3. Although many sativa strains are low in CBD, I've seen plenty that had 3-4% CBD, and some sativa dominant strains are very high in CBD, like Harlequin. Likewise, I see plenty of indica flower for sale with zero CBD. I guess what I'm saying is that CBD content has nothing to do with indica vs sativa.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Classification entitles the stratification of cannabis subset phenotypes like OG, HAZE, KUSH is to INDICA, HYBRID, SATIVA.

Ratios of THC/CBD in any given cannabis plant will generally give you the expectation of feel but can't guarantee anything as no two brains have the same chemistry.

5. Appreciate the input and actually it is medically related. For quite a while I would get cramping pain the next 2 days after use. Half the day in the bathroom and cold feeling. Sometimes bad, sometimes slight. The scientific world is aware yet baffled. After reading many articles and relating to my own experience, I narrowed it down to THC content. I can ingest a lot of cbd with no ill effects yet, control the ill feelings by limiting the thc content. It seems to hit the receptors in my brain to mimic IBS, which I'm prone to. The higher I got in my head due to thc (like with Gorilla Glue)even with just one or two hits, the worse it was the following days. So, I'm going to stick to very low thc strains for my arthritis problems. Hope that realization helps others with similar reactions.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Exactly. All of us that use cannabis to medicate need to learn how it effects OUR ailments and that’s a tough job. Combining with prescription meds for the last few days, I have what they call breakthrough pain meds (20mg oxycodone) with me for when the dosed prescription just isn’t enough. I can cut that in half and smoke one and feel much better. Do that 4-5 times a day and I eliminated those pills from my body. That’s a win for me

7. Are you juicing the fan leaves too. Really helps with my arthritic joint pains as much as smoking it (probably more in terms of longer lasting inflammation control).

• Like Like x 1
  8. I have a bag in in the freezer to add to my teas and juices (I hate juicing but should probably get back to it. Carrot and beet juice is very effective against cancer)

Right now I’m looking for extreme pain relief so I can get off these opioids. If I don’t stay up on those, I’m really dealing with level 7-9 pain and that’s no fun. Have to find the root of all the problems when we return. Today is a good day though :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. The sativa/indica distinction is a high-level botanical classification that has been overcome by selective breeding, and pretty much useless for describing effects these days. Only carefully protected landrace strains have the original genetics and chemical composition. Everything else has become highly diluted and inter-mixed. Probably end up in a cripsr-baby-like genetic cannabis nightmare before too much longer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. You tried any self hypnosis. Try reading Dave Elmans - Notes on Hypnotherapy. Weird how it works, the brain is a funny old machine.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Since pain meds have already destroyed your dopamine receptor tolerance it may be tough to enjoy a good solid high. The key is knowing the effect you desire from the strain you choose.

For instance to induce euphoria Blue Dream is a good choice to lift one's spirits. Whereas Purple Kush could replace that erectile dysfunction meds some older generations depend on.

Don't get too down on yourself as your brain still has potential to heal from the opioid addiction as long as you want it. Good luck blade!
    :hello:

• Agree Agree x 1