THC Bomb 400w SCROG mh/hps DWC stealth grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by sheesy, Feb 8, 2014.

1. The pics and the plants look great. :hello:

2. I advice all growers to keep a book or more on hand. It's always useful to freshen up on things you have already read. It's one of the first things I tell noobs to do if they want to know how to have success, the cost is well worth the money spent. I like having two books to cross reference the info and techniques. It's good to know that someone took that advice from a veteran. It helps to learn slit and the proper ways to grow. Keeps you from having as many issues during the grow. I suggest that any noobs reads the books at least twice prior to growing along with reading about it on the net and in GrassCity. Good luck.

3. Nice looking setup you have there Sheesy. We will be following along to see how it develops.  THC bomb is a real fan of LST and is ideal for Scrog setups, but you can already see that!
    One thing that you may want to consider that if you are lollipopping quite heavily but then letting the main colas come up with some additional sidebranching, you may want to get a few cfl's to hang a bit lower down to provide side lighting. They are quite cheap to buy and run and can add an real push to the overall yield.

4. Thanks man, always nice to hear nice things hehe

5. Hey, very cool to have you guys following.

I was playing with the idea to defoliate the canopy heavily after the stretch has stopped, I have been reading up on this and found a great thread on another forum showing awesome results, my main thought was maximizing light to bud areas while keeping extra heat to a minimum. I know cfls don't kick out too much heat but even a couple of degrees would be detrimental to me at the moment.

So I would wait until around day 21 of flower then once the girls have stopped growing up, remove all fan leaves with over an inch of stem that have already developed secondary leaves at the bud site to take over photosynthesis, the theory is the fan leaves are mainly used for stretching, and later on, on growth in poor nutrient areas. This forces the Plant to focus growth on the bud sites, and creates a sea of bud for lack of a better term. In an area as small as mine i think this could really boost yield.

It leaves the canopy a solid mass off bud with all lower bud sites that would normally jus create popcorn, produce nice sized buds.

As my grow is in such a small area heat will always be an issue, so I have to plan accordingly, It will be experimental for me with THC Bomb as a strain, but I believe that this may be an ideal strain for this method.

Have you had any experience with bomb seeds and this method before?

Again, very happy to have you guys on board.

6. Hey buddy how's ur girls lookin, did you did you transplant yet? If ya have any new pics I'd love to see em?

7. hey man ever heard of vineclips? they sell them at most hydro stores. i just saw in the 2nd pic you posted i saw you had tied back with zipties, but the great thing about the vineclips the are removable, and cheap lik 100 clips for 5 bucks

8. Hey doc, I had never heard of those, did a quick search and we seem to be debunked of them in England, found something from china tho that looks Like it might do the trick but I have never seen vineclips, are these similar??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50pcs-Durable-Plastic-Grafting-Clips-Garden-Vegetable-Flower-Vine-Bushes-Plants-/120946981802?pt=US_Garden_Tools&hash=item1c29007baa

9. yea it seems like vineclips are rare with alot of growers, im not sure why, i just know about them from my mentor and he showed me the simple magic of vineclips among many other tricks

10. Thanks buddy, I think they will do the trick if not I'll get some of the ones you posted ordered, for that price it's no biggie init lol.

Thanks again mate.

11. sorry not been on in a while been really busy. i now have my plants in 11Litre pots they where pot bound as my delivery took a while to come. just transplanted them just a few hours ago hope they will take of since there growth stop there for a week due to small pots they where in. ther now at 4 weeks showing no sign of flowering :(

my tent 
    temp is 75f
    humidity is 50%
    ph 6.8

also using bio-bizz all mix soil + nutes

Attached Files:

12. What are the plats age and genetics dude?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. They are 28 day from seed and there Thc bombs

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Nice can't wait to see those ladies under a scrog.

15. Your scrog looks great man! i love the think stems on your plants beautiful!

16. when did you switch the light cycle on these?

17. no not switched lights yet as i was unsure weather its to ealyer since there only 29 days from seed. i was going to scrog them but not sure how to make a scrog as cheap as possiable

18. Hey all, great too see so much activity on my thread. Not been on in a couple of day have been ill, bludy tonsils again, all better now tho.

Hay man looking good, but your plants won't flower until you switch to 12/12 lol, usually a week to 10 days after you start seeing signs of flower. As for a scrog, I just made a frame from some old wood I had spare, then knocked a small nail or tack every 2 inches on all sides, then simply threaded it with some string, cost me exactly... Zero hehe, I am a massive fan of rigging and doin shit on the cheap lol. Your levels are great too mate keep doin what your doin lol.

Thanks man, I do still love a ill cheeky lil look up there skirts on occasion hehe