Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC and Mangos

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Azar, Feb 10, 2013.

1. #1 Azar, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
    To my veteran pot smokers:

I've heard that if you eat mangos (Don't know if it would be a certain amount or not, I'd say one mango an hour before lighting up a J) it will open up the THC receptors in your brain allowing you to get more high.

marijuana also has high levels of myrcene which is also found in mangos. So I feel if you added these two together your high would be suppperrr awesome

Myrcene is believed to aid the potency of the marijuana high by allowing THC to cross the blood-brain barrier more efficiently.

Body weight and metabolism might be a factor, I don't know for certain though.

Some say with high grade bud it will increase your high, with lower grade it will make your high even better

I'd test this, but I don't have any manjos on me..:confused_2:

If there's anyone who can confirm this as fact or fiction it would be awesome. If not, within the next few days I will try it out and let everyone know.

2. Long story short, it's true. You can watch videos about it online.

3. Yeah its very much true

4. Thanks a bunch guys, will def give it a try !

5. This exact thread came up a couple days ago... I think you even took some of the facts from that thread?

6. I have not hahah but I figured it would have been on here already

7. lol thats crazy

8. lol would it work with mango juice or does it have to be the actual fruit?

9. it should work if its real mango juice. it might have to be fresh tho

10. interesting...guess ill be buying some dried mangos on amazon

11. i tried this a few years back. it works, it helps you get higher from less bud and the high was better quailty than before. that was a while ago, back when i used to somke mids

12. I can also confirm it's true, I've tried it a few times and get incredibly high. Though I heard the mycrene is more potent in mangos that are slightly overripe. Just throwing that out there. :)

13. just made a mango lassi with three overripe mangos. then had a cup of mango nectar!
    we have the dankiest shit ever. will report back!

14. Tried it but didnt notice a difference, I think it's mostly placebo.

15. hmm the three of us that had mango were definitely flying high.. but the weed was really strong so I'm not sure if the mango did anything. at the peak of the buzz I noticed some visuals while looking at the stars

16. I heard about the mango thing and never really believed it but based off all this anecdotal testimony well I say that's fucking sweet. I was saving a crazy 1g joint with .4 sour d, .4 purple haze, and .2 white widow kief and I have some organic mango juice that should be fresh enough so tomorrow before I toke I'm definitely going to have a glass or two and report back to base on that.

17. Idk about this shit but i love mangoes and i love herb

18. I never knew this , I just munch on the mangoes cause there fuckin good

19. it doesn't do anything noticeable. if you want it to, it will haha.

20. Sliced mango with salt sprinkled on em and some tapatio hot sauce. FUCKING BOMB!